Ford Expedition The Expedition provides the feel of a full size truck with the seating of a large SUV.

NEED HELP!! BEEN WITHOUT CAR 3 WEEKS +!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2007, 12:35 PM
Default NEED HELP!! BEEN WITHOUT CAR 3 WEEKS +!!!

Hi! I posted a thread a little while ago about needing a catalytic converter for my 2003 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer. Okay, I am still stuck without one! We've had no luck finding an after market one and I can't afford a brand new converter. I have been told that I need two converters....one on each side. I am NOT mechanically inclined. i would like to be able to search for one on ebay and other places but I'm not sure exactly what I should be looking for because that's all the info I have...two converters...one on each side. If anyone could give me additional info to help me out or if by chance you know where I could get a converter, PLEASE let me know!!! I would appreciate it so much. My Exp. has been in the shop for over three weeks....I NEED that car! Thanks so much!

Old 04-03-2007, 02:25 PM
Default RE: NEED HELP!! BEEN WITHOUT CAR 3 WEEKS +!!!

Go to www.car-part.com maybe you can find a good used one.

Old 04-04-2007, 02:59 AM

Ebay or easterncatalytic.com. I paid like $60 each and got 2 for my dual exhaust.

Old 04-04-2007, 11:40 AM

Meineke Muffler did a friend of mine's Expedition last year. Have you tried them? They are usually cheaper than other places. Espcially the dealer. How much money do you need? maybe I can help.

Old 04-04-2007, 04:57 PM

Meineke is a nice place. They're sticklers for rules though and charge aregular fee for converters - but they're usually the lowest business prices I've seen if you are not interested in going at it yourself.

Old 04-19-2007, 08:12 AM

if you do go to ebay to shop for conveters id just try typing in like 03 expedition converter or what ever yours is somthing like that to get the search going then from there you should get listings the only other info you may want to have handy is the engine size. from there you should be able to get prices if you are unsure about anything on ebay just ask before you buy or bid the sellers usually do there best to keep from selling you incorrect equipment if they can. good luck hope you get your car back soon that would suck to go 3 weeks or more without!!

Old 09-23-2007, 01:43 AM

I had one of my cats go bad and was not excited when I found out what Ford wanted for the replacement. I found an aftermarket cat at a local auto shop for about $100.00. My 03 has 4, 2 before the O2 sensers and 2 after. My bad cat was after the O2 senser so I had a local muffler shop remove the rear 2. Not sure what the laws are where you are about removing cats. It probably isn't legal to have no cats but in my case I still have the front 2 so I was told it is ok. It cost me 50.00 to have both rears removed and my Expy has never run better. I seem to even be getting slightly better mileage. If it is your rear cats maybe look into it. If it is the front you have the O2 sensers to deal with. It is possible but a little more complicated and $$$ but not much. It might atleast be worth looking into.

R

Old 09-23-2007, 01:47 AM

LOL! I just noticed the date on this post.