Ford Expedition The Expedition provides the feel of a full size truck with the seating of a large SUV.

Not moving when come off brake

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2017, 08:36 PM
Default Not moving when come off brake

ok so ill try to explain in detail was I'm experiencing

i have a 2004 expedition eddie bauer edition 189000 MILES
ENGINE SOUNDS HEALTHY NO CHECK ENGINE LIGHT ON

recently i have been experiencing problems with it moving if I'm driving and i stop at a light for instance and i come off the brake it won't start moving engine still on car still in drive but i will just sit there then if i gas it it will move but it feels like its struggling to go the needle will say 40 MPH but that not the speed that I'm getting and if i come off the gas it will eventually stop rolling completely
, then when ever i park over night and come the next day its moving fine but once its been moving for a while it starts again
now i changed one caliper cause i was told its that i have even changed the same side wheel hub cause that was bad but now I'm at the point where I'm stuck
i was told that the transmission was fine and the transfer case was good too but no one seams to know what the problem is

can any one help [/B][/B]

Old 07-20-2017, 05:04 AM

I don't know the maintenance history of your vehicle, but with those miles , and depending on where you live and drive those calipers could have required replacement at least twice. Brake work done properly , all points should have been checked and cleaned and lubed with the proper lube, and also the brake fluid should have been replaced.
At this point, could have a caliper dragging, possible obstruction in one of the brake hoses, parking brake cables hanging up and the list goes on.
Can you give us some maintenance history related to ,brake system, maybe we can offer some things for you to check out.

Old 03-13-2018, 03:40 PM
Default Im having similar issue so let Me Know ive change everthing from calipers booster mas

Originally Posted by hanky
I don't know the maintenance history of your vehicle, but with those miles , and depending on where you live and drive those calipers could have required replacement at least twice. Brake work done properly , all points should have been checked and cleaned and lubed with the proper lube, and also the brake fluid should have been replaced.
At this point, could have a caliper dragging, possible obstruction in one of the brake hoses, parking brake cables hanging up and the list goes on.
Can you give us some maintenance history related to ,brake system, maybe we can offer some things for you to check out.

I've had similar issues I've changed everything from calipers and master cylinder from the booster I don't know what else to do and somebody please help us

Old 03-13-2018, 05:32 PM

If you take it for a short ride and the problem shows up where it just doesn't want to move, go out and feel each wheel to see if any one of them is hot which could mean a brake system problem.
If all the wheels feel the same, , keep in mind you need to use a scan tool to bleed brake systems that have anti lock. If there is air in the ABS module a scan tool is required to open the internal valves to expel the air in the system.
Last, the trans may be ok , but the torque converter may have a problem.
Also check the exhaust system converters for restrictions.

Old 03-13-2018, 05:41 PM

The truck is at Mechanic shop they have it up on a lift my braks are being bleed to the computer they are going to check abs module by car drives fine its all 4 wheels get tight and u can drive through it but im ruining my rotors. trans is ok it drives fast but then u smell brakes burning