Ford Expedition The Expedition provides the feel of a full size truck with the seating of a large SUV.

Okay 2003 Ford Expedition 4.6L no rear AC

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2013, 04:43 AM
Exclamation Okay 2003 Ford Expedition 4.6L no rear AC

I purchased the vehicle new in 2003 and ever since regretted buying it living in Texas heat without the rear AC.
Its the Base (I guess its the base model XLT has power windows, door locks, keyless entry and all that other crap.
Well I have recently found that after 209,000 miles on it that then vacuum lines are dry rotting out and causing leaks and causing the front and ONLY AC to screw up. Its blowing VERY little air through the vents. I thought maybe an in-cab filter. Brought it to the dealer and it does not have an in-cab filter.
I started moseying around under the hood and noticed a LARGE diameter hose going from the throttle body to somewhere behind the firewall was rotted and allowed a vacuum leak. So I replaced it and it worked OKAY for a while but I still feel a little air coming from the bottom of the ducting that is used in the winter to warm your feet.
I my guess is that I have a leak somewhere else,.
What is the best way to detect a leak and where the leak is from? I know there isn't a canister behind the battery. I removed it and checked for cracks in the canister and there are no cracks in the canister. I know that will over 200 thousand miles I need to just replace them all but I cannot find a REALLY good detailed diagram showing all of the hoses.
if anyone COULD please HELP ME I would realty appreciate it. Wife it 7 months pregnant and DOES NOT enjoy having to get out and drive around in a hot truck, so again ANY help appreciated!
S. W. Moore