Ford Explorer This long running SUV has stood tough against the barrage of new entries into the mid sized SUV market, and with a variety of engine sizes and trim lines, the Exploder offers something for everyone.

04 explorer No Start No fuel

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2010, 01:20 AM
Default 04 explorer No Start No fuel

ok '04 explorer has no crank, no fuel problem. I checked the starting system it all checks out from key to starter except the relay is not recieving a ground from the pcm. When I jumper the wire to a ground at the pcm (with the connector disconnected) it will crank but not start (maybe because the connector was unpluged)

When i jumper the starter solinoid (with a remote starter switch) it will crank over but not start. When i spray starter fluid in the intake it will start. I havent climbed under the truck to test for power at the pump because i thought it may be related to the ground prob
PCM-maybe
or
PATSII

thx for your time

Old 05-19-2010, 12:00 PM

When you spray the intake doe it stay started or die when the spray runs out?

I'm no expert. Sounds like pats though. The jumping and bridging prob triggered it.
Death of pats should throw a code. Cant remember the code but. See if you can borrow one and test it. It can be done with your key in the ignition and the key corresponding to the borrowed pats in close proximity.

Old 05-20-2010, 12:09 AM

Originally Posted by DefusedExploder
When you spray the intake doe it stay started or die when the spray runs out?

I'm no expert. Sounds like pats though. The jumping and bridging prob triggered it.
Death of pats should throw a code. Cant remember the code but. See if you can borrow one and test it. It can be done with your key in the ignition and the key corresponding to the borrowed pats in close proximity.
yeah it dies when i stop spraying