Ford Explorer This long running SUV has stood tough against the barrage of new entries into the mid sized SUV market, and with a variety of engine sizes and trim lines, the Exploder offers something for everyone.

1995 EB Edition two problems

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2008, 01:23 PM
Default 1995 EB Edition two problems

First off I wanna say thank you for reading my problems, any help I can get would really be appreciated.

I wanna start out by saying, I love this car and I hope to keep it.

Well, when I bought the car about a year ago, I noticed that there was a funny almost like brownish red color in the coolant resevoir, so I didn't pay much attention to it, until about december of '07, my O/D Off light started to flash on me, and I was a little scared cause my last car the transmission blew out. Anyway, it goes out and I was thinking, maybe I just needed to get a flush, it had about 130,000 miles on it, so I get it done and it was fine, but prior to that, I disconneted the battery and put it back on, and it stopped flashing, then the work got done. And then it recently starting doing it again, I had noticed that the tranny fluid was pretty thin. People are telling me that the radiator is bad, so I get a replacement and I put it on, I get a flush to take out the old fluid, even the guy that worked at the place said it was looking "funky." So now, the O/D Off light is still flashing and I try the battery thing again, and I think it starts to flash when I hit up to 65 mph. I wanna know what I can do about it. Beside buy a new transmission, obviously if I could I would but, I make next to nothing and its hard times for everyone I know, so I have litterally no help on this.

Now that is only one problem, problem two.

As long as I could remember, when it was really hot outside, the car would start but as soon as it cranked over, it would die out. I can keep it a live by keeping my foot on the gas, but as soon as I let it go, dies right out. Why?

Now, this car has been in an accident that was repaired, by the person who wrecked it, I think thats why the radiator was bad, but it wasn't totaled. Any help? Please?

Old 08-21-2008, 01:38 PM
Default RE: 1995 EB Edition two problems

Oh also a side note for the previous post.

When the light is on, its shifts hard from 1st to 2nd gear, and when its not on the first and secondgear are ok.