Ford Explorer This long running SUV has stood tough against the barrage of new entries into the mid sized SUV market, and with a variety of engine sizes and trim lines, the Exploder offers something for everyone.

1998 explorer, three dead injectors, bad trans, and more.... WORTH FIXIN?!?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2010, 10:41 PM
Exclamation 1998 explorer, three dead injectors, bad trans, and more.... WORTH FIXIN?!?!?!

I have a 1998 ford explorer sport. i love it to death but it kinda died on me not long ago. its always had a trans problem... if i layed into it, it had a hard time switchin gears, my ex hooked up his sct scan tool when my check engine light came on and said 4th gear was about to go. so i drove like a grandma for a few months and it was fine. but about a week ago.... injectors three and six started misfiring. i let it sit for a few days, than i got stranded and needed to use it and then injector 5 went out.... so, so far u see it needs a new trans and new injectors.... also needs new brakes and rotors all the way around, new shocks, it stalls after idleing in reverse and than being put into drive. or sometimes even backing out of something than putting it into drive, it would stall. but i cant decide if i should fix it...or trade it in. it doesnt move right now so i wouldnt get much for it but im really leaning towards getting rid of it. considering i have a 2002 subaru impreza wrx wagon (turbo) that would be worth fixing more than the explorer... alls i need is a clutch and a flywheel. BUT.... the reason i posted this is so i can get some opinions... i dont know if i should get rid of it,,,,, or try n save it.