Ford Taurus The long running mid sized sedan offering sure footed front wheel drive and a roomy interior.

Have bad fuel injectors drained battery?

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2007, 04:45 PM
Default Have bad fuel injectors drained battery?

[sm=dontgetit.gif]
Please help if you can! I starting having problems with my 2001 Taurus maybe 3 mos. ago. After sitting overnight, the car would be difficult to start in the morning. Sometimes I would have to crank the engine a couple seconds longer and sometimes when it sounded like the engine was going to turn over, the car stalled. After I wasn't not able to restart the car on very hot afternoon, I towed it the dealership. When I first went to the dealership with this problem, they replaced the fuel filter and the idle air control valve. Six weeks later I still had the problem and returned to the dealershp. On 08/22 they replaced all 6 fuel injectors (4 were not opening). Today (08/23) I tried to start the carseveral timesto no avail. My husband was able to start it, but onlyafter cranking the engine several times. I asked the dealership if they ever checked the battery and they said they didn't. Since the faulty fuel injectors were making it harder start the car, wasn't the battery being drained?
[sm=feedback.gif]

Old 09-09-2007, 08:44 PM
Default RE: Have bad fuel injectors drained battery?

Yes, the more you "crank" the engine the more amps are removed from the battery. There is an electronic battery tester that some shopshave. These testers can test a battery and charging system in a matter of minuets. They can tell you if the battery has low cranking amps, a bad cell or low voltage. They can also test your charging system.[/align]Jim[/align]