Ford Explorer This long running SUV has stood tough against the barrage of new entries into the mid sized SUV market, and with a variety of engine sizes and trim lines, the Exploder offers something for everyone.

Ford quality control

Old 12-10-2017, 11:51 AM
Cool Ford quality control

I am brand new to Ford family,
just purchased a 2018 Exploror Sport.
Very nice car, fantastic everything so far, my car is now 1 day old and 15 miles! So far so good, except that when I saw the name of the car, I was a bit surprised! As Ford has missed the point! Of course that does not make Ford bad, bit on a 52K car! I did not expect that. See picture and share your number thoughts
Thanks
LCL

Attached Thumbnails Ford quality control-img_20171209_190613.jpg  
Old 12-10-2017, 12:54 PM

My first thought, (Don't have very many), is What if your vehicle is one of a kind aand can't even talk if it is, WOW what an investment !!!

Old 12-10-2017, 01:28 PM
Super Moderator

Alignment, orientation off as well.

Delivered off the lot like that,, I’d suspect a panel repair/repaint. Hard to believe the factory would let that slip through.. Anythings possible i guess..

Old 12-10-2017, 05:13 PM

Well, it was a nice thought while it lasted, but I don't know if I would have preferred a misspell or the thought of my brandy new 52K vehicle needing a facelift before I got it.
.Thanks Hayapower, you just blew my hopes right out of the water for this gent to possibly receive a gift from the manufacturer .lol

Old 12-10-2017, 09:30 PM
Super Moderator

Something seems askew,, literally , and hopefully that worker in charge of badging application wasnt spending any time in the engine assembly area.

Guess if you could prove out no issues prior to delivery, and it rolled through the factory finish, QC that way, it would be unique, but arguable as to who/when..
If it made it through that way, I’d hope they’d up the game on there substance/drug testing efforts. Would seem someone was celebrating or having a bad day! Lol

Last edited by Hayapower; 12-10-2017 at 09:46 PM.
Old 12-11-2017, 12:10 AM

at least it doesnt spell exploder

Old 12-11-2017, 03:45 AM

That's today's education for you...

Common Core and spell it the way it sounds. Glad my F-150 didn't come badged "EF-150".

Old 12-11-2017, 09:44 PM
Default Great input

Originally Posted by Hayapower
Alignment, orientation off as well.

Delivered off the lot like that, I’d suspect a panel repair/repaint. Hard to believe the factory would let that slip through.. Anythings possible i guess..
I really found your comment interesting as I also noticed that alignment is off!

I was called today by the dealer to stop by tomorrow and leave the vehicle for half day in their body shop to correct the emblem.

Should I be concerned of anything at all?
Thanks
LCL

Old 12-11-2017, 11:26 PM

I would take pictures of the alignment issue and anything else you see before dropping it off. Then compare with what the vehicle looks like after they want to return it to you. Go over it with a fine tooth comb and don't accept it until you are completely satisfied. As, once you accept it you're basically gonna be on your own. Make sure their work order has everything written down that they did/do. If they do any type of re-alignment, ensure it's documented so that they can't come back and say "We didn't touch that" and so on.

As an example, we had a front caliper "Hanging Up" issue on our 2008 Sable when it was about a month old. Took a slow walk-around video at the dealership with my phone before handing it over to them. They were trying to return the car to us with deep scratches and scuffs on the hood where they drug something over the hood. Tried to deny it until I showed them the video. Needless to say, I refused their body shop repairs and I had it repaired at my body shop of preference on their dime. Vehicle never went back to that dealership.