Ford Explorer This long running SUV has stood tough against the barrage of new entries into the mid sized SUV market, and with a variety of engine sizes and trim lines, the Exploder offers something for everyone.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2006, 10:13 PM
Default HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a 1993 Explorer Eddie Bauer and I got a flat tire today at the gas station I work at. I took the stock tire and rim off and put the spare on. About 3 hours later I went back when the mechanic got there and he put a plug in it and I went home and tried to take the spare off. THE DAMN SPARE WILL NOT COME OFF!!!!!!! I sprayed that stuff that loosens rusty bolts and stuff like that and it doesnt budge. Yes it is jacked up, yes all the lug nuts are off, she just doesnt want to come off.

Old 05-25-2006, 01:17 PM
Default RE: HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

'Sounds like the wheel is rusted to the carrier (center section) and possibly the brake face. Spray that stuff from the inside as much as possible. Get a large rubber mallet (so as not to damage the wheel) 'n beat the hell out of it. I'm assuming ya mite have done that already.

Old 05-25-2006, 06:40 PM
Default RE: HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yeah I did finally get it off. I had to hit it from behind...the only thing that puzzled me was that it was the spare and it was only on for maybe 4 hours at the most.