Ford Explorer This long running SUV has stood tough against the barrage of new entries into the mid sized SUV market, and with a variety of engine sizes and trim lines, the Exploder offers something for everyone.

Help Me Decide Please!

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2010, 02:30 PM
Cool Help Me Decide Please!

To all Explorer enthusiasts like myself and everyone else in this community, I say howdy.

Just a few days ago, I noticed the radiator on my 06 Explorer XLT (4WD baby!) showed signs of leakage, so I assume it's time to get it replaced. I'm not surprised at this, since this is a salvage title vehicle...

Anyways, I'm a sucker at online shopping. I can't discern between the scammers and the legitimate companies, which is why I'm asking the Explorer community for help. I've narrowed the possible radiator vendors down to two, and now I just need some further help in deciding which is the better option in terms of value, reliability...
http://www.go-part.com/0608-ford-exp...r-p-25006.html
or
http://www.radiatorspot.com/ford/exp...ors.html#25006
Thanks in advance!

Old 10-18-2010, 07:23 AM
Default Get it local

If I were you I would check your local shops. I had to replace the one on my 2000 Eddie Bauer 4 door about two years ago and I was able to get one through Advance Auto Parts for around $200. You can get some great deals online but for something bulky like that it might be easier to get it local. You don't have to deal with shipping, plus I got a warranty, so that if it does go, I can return it locally.

Good Luck,
Randy

Old 10-18-2010, 03:30 PM

I have to agree with Hayseed , he gave you some good advice.