Ford Explorer This long running SUV has stood tough against the barrage of new entries into the mid sized SUV market, and with a variety of engine sizes and trim lines, the Exploder offers something for everyone.

Humming in the heat

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2005, 06:57 PM
Default RE: Humming in the heat

I happen to be married to a blonde for ten years now and we have 3 beautiful blonde headed girls so there is no room for blonde jokes where I live.

Old 07-19-2005, 07:27 PM

Okay ..getting you to lighten up a little and smile is obviously not gonna happen here. Can't blame a gal for trying.

Take care and don't sweat the small stuff.

Old 07-19-2005, 07:53 PM

That was not meant to be offensive in any way. What I meant is that living with so many blondes, I understand what you mean by the stereo type set upon them. My blondes are far from fuzzy headed as it seems is the case with you.

Old 07-19-2005, 09:22 PM

Pakus,
Your right about not wanting people to waste their money.[8D] I say a lot that this is my best guess,and that you need to test before you start replacing things, or try cleaning it first. Anyway your right, I don't want people to get the impression that this is the end all info place for Ford vehicles. Also in a lot of cases taking your car to a shop to get fix, is the best fix. Its just good to have a little info.
THANKS FOR POSTING and feel free in helping out

So TexFordOwner,
Are you Married?
I'm a blonde female (yes I know..that speaks VOLUMES), LOL

Old 07-19-2005, 09:31 PM

WOW

Old 07-20-2005, 04:23 AM

Can you believe all this came from someone who was just trying to post something for other Ford owners. I was just trying to let someone else know what might be the issues before they pay someone $60 an hour to tell them something that could have been solved with just a little research. Ok the dealership, great I know you job, I understand your job, and I respect you job, non-the-less it's a job and it's what your paid for, hinse the JOB in the whole sentance. You wouldn't go to Ford every morning just to make peoples lives a better place to live fir having a fixed Ford.

For everyone else, this is just a post that I have found to fix the issue with what I had, if I had known there would have been so many issues from when I placed this responce... well I still would have done it, becuase there are people out there looking for answers, and looking for resolutions to their lives, that this post will solve. Anyone with any issues with that, well I could give a rats A$$, this wasn't about to try to push anything on anyone; it was about solving an issue with the (MFM Mass Flow Sensor... which is part number PA6494025 at Kragen for $104.99 w/ $35 core) and it was all about solving a issue, not creating an issue. I have gotten an email regarding this issue (from Ford) and it's sad to me what the responce was. Instead of respect I got a rebuttle for why their jobs cost so much, and why there is .5 hrs labor (dont get me started) and they need other Ford employees to do it.

Like I said as a solution to my noice (which resembles a hummmm when there is a hot temp in your area... like Boooooo, at a medium pitch, that happens to be the only noise you have unless you drive off and it stops) is replacing the MAFS ( Mass Air Flow Sensor ). For those who want to read thru all the BS and want just a simple answer, please review the post I did way before this one, this post is more for the understanding that I came here for an answer; not why someone has thier job, and what it stands for.

MAFS - Mass Air Flow Sensor is what I replaced to fix the issue I had.

Please let this note help those who help, and those who seek knowledge on fixing up-coming issues.

Old 07-20-2005, 10:22 AM

Pakus-Thanks for the clarification there darlin . Glad there are no hard feelings; because that was never my intent.

CCTXFISH-nope? Is that a proposal? If so, i'll need your driver's license number, soc. security number, bank account number and p.i.n. number, copy of your mortgage agreement, blood type, dental records, clean bill of health, performance reviews (keep your mind outta the gutter there) and your life plan.

JUST KIDDING [8D]

In all seriousness...thanks CCTXFISH..your suggestions were exactly correct and very helpful.

And to Joshua-glad everything worked out for you. You can now remove the wig and dark glasses like I did. Nobody points and laughs at my car at the stoplights anymore.

Ahhh..life is good again.

P.S. I would like to thank Spectre as well. He was also very helpful in pinpointing what might be the problem with my vehicle.

Old 07-20-2005, 01:29 PM

performance reviews (keep your mind outta the gutter there)????..how did you know [&:]

Old 07-20-2005, 06:34 PM

Joshua I hope the MAF sensor takes care of the problem but in most cases it will not. The reason for this is that the MAF has no moving parts in it and incapable of making a noise. The IAC has a duty cycled plunger inside of it that opens and closes as the PCM commands it. The IAC will get dirty and the plunger starts vibrating ever so slightly causing the hooting noise. We always kid the new guys when they get one of these in the shop and tell them that they need to install an anti-hooting valve in it to correct the concern. The parts guys love it when they come in and ask for one. They send them off the get the base part number from the manual and so on and so on. It is the little things in life that make it worth while. Hope this helps if you have further problems.

Old 07-20-2005, 08:45 PM

Joshua/Pakus-It was the IAC that was replaced on my vehicle and so far...so good. It seems to have taken care of the hoot/hum/whatever you wanna call it. I just wanna call it a solution and be done with it...lol

CCTXFISH - sometimes ya just know...

Quick Reply: Humming in the heat