Ford Explorer This long running SUV has stood tough against the barrage of new entries into the mid sized SUV market, and with a variety of engine sizes and trim lines, the Exploder offers something for everyone.

trailblazer to explorer or expedition

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2007, 01:14 AM
Default trailblazer to explorer or expedition

Hi,

I am new here. Currently my wifes care is a chevy trailblazer extended. We actually love the car. The lease is up next Jan and I being really into cars am startign to look now. Unfortunitly, they discontinued the extend model of the trailblazer. We are now forced to look elsewhere. The best thing about the chevy is that it was smaller than the expedition and bigger than than the explorer. It drove great. Also had decnet room behind the thrid row.

My philosophy is also starting to change on cars. I was always of the feelign, lease every 3 or 4 years, never have a problem or if you did it was coverd under warantee, dump the car for a new one when the lease is up.

Now I am starting to get sick of car payments. My feeling is pick up an suv that is a few years old 2003, 2004, 2005 etc. I want to spend in the low 20's and I don't want it to have more than about 35,000 to 40,000 miles.

I am a gadget guys so the more toys the better.

In my hours of looking on ebay I came upon the expedition. I realized I can get a 2003 eddie bauer explorer with miles in the mid 30's for about $18,000.

So... here are my questions...

Is this car much smaller than the expidition? What about size compared to the trailblazer? How does it ride?

Shoudl I consider this over the expidition

How is the space behind the 3rd row?

Can I expect this car to last?

What shoudl I look out for when shopping?

Do you reccomed going for the certified pre-owned from a dealer or just get one from like ebay?

Mechanically do I need to worry about computers breaking? Transmission problmes etc?

Eddie bauer really worh it?

What other questions should I ask that I am not?