Ford F-150 The entry level full size truck from Ford, one of America's best selling for decades.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1994 5 speed concentric slave cylinder

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2018, 02:50 PM
Default 1994 5 speed concentric slave cylinder

replaced master cylinder, clutch, pressure plate, flywheel and the slave cylinder because slave cylinder went out. Was testing out our work and drove it for about 25 miles when I went to down shift and clutch peddle stuck on floor. upon discovery, found guy that was helping me didn't tight the bleeder. have been bleeding for some time and peddle still doesn't pop back up. pump peddle down with bleeder open, close bleeder and pull peddle up, over and over keeping reservoir full. anyone have better advice?

Old 11-18-2018, 08:12 AM

Having operated the clutch master cyl dry could have wiped out the cups in the master so when you depress the pedal it does not create enough pressure in the system to assist the return of the push rod and clutch pedal. If you are sure all the air is out of the system you could be looking at another master cyl.

Old 11-18-2018, 08:50 AM
Super Moderator

Think I may be reading it wrong, (pumping peddle down) so for clarity, your not pumping the peddle down with the bleeder open? You meant pumped/compressed the peddle, then a fluid and air release?
If the prior, the way your bleeding may introduce air into the system.
If no joy, you might also try making sure the master is ‘ nose up’ to make sure no air is trapped, cycling the actuator rod until no air present in the reservoir and try a gravity bleed.. Running a few reservoirs of fluid on through..

Old 11-19-2018, 09:53 AM

Yes, You are correct. I had him (helper) press down then I cracked bleeder and then closed bleeder and him pull peddle up. After posting this, because I had no helper again; I went out and gravity bled several times, enuff to fill a baby food jar twice, thinking it would work; it did not; and carful the reservoir never ran dry. I read to lift drivers side to get air out where line run up over frame, and I may try this next!!. Not sure if when I had help, he was pushing to floor too quickly or not because I also read to push peddle down slowly; Is this a problem? My master is level so top is up- is this what you mean nose up? saw some tucks have tilted master cylinders. what are you meaning when you say (cycling the actuator rod until no air present?) I could've used truck yesterday to cut fire wood but used a wheel barrow instead. incase I did not say its a 1994 f-150 4x4 5 speed.