Ford F-150 The entry level full size truck from Ford, one of America's best selling for decades.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 F150 Cruise Control

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2011, 10:09 AM

hey,
I have been following this thread for awhile now. Any updates?
I am in the same boat, 2010 xl without cruise

Old 02-11-2011, 11:41 AM

Nothing here. I still have a replacement steering wheel with the buttons, still want to get truck re-programmed. Still no clue where to go. I have still not heard of anyone getting this done successfully and only "successful" effort seems to be related to the Cruise Control Store. Sitting. waiting here.

Old 02-11-2011, 12:11 PM

No updates.

Old 02-16-2011, 11:29 AM
Default so still no determination as to whether or not this actually works?

Nothing here. I still have a replacement steering wheel with the buttons, still want to get truck re-programmed. Still no clue where to go. I have still not heard of anyone getting this done successfully and only "successful" effort seems to be related to the Cruise Control Store. Sitting. waiting here
What does that mean butopia? You have found that some have been able to get it to work with their kit from the cruise control store? I am hesitant after not finding much success on the internet of this working, & this thread makes me even less confident. The cruise control store said they've sent out hundreds with no problem, and they guarantee it will work.

Of course it would be no big deal if it was just a matter of being out the 20% restocking fee if I have to send it back after having it installed & it not working- but the bill that the dealership will still want paid for installing & programming it whether it ends up working or not will be significantly higher, & I'd be stuck with that. The few service departments I've talked to don't seem too enthusiastic about the idea in the first place (they're skeptical), so it wouldn't be their responsibility to "make it work" anyway.

Jack, you found a cooperative dealer in the houston area- spring branch- which is that?

I've since printed up the cruise control store's installation & programming instructions, & will take that in to show & ask a couple more.

Old 02-16-2011, 04:52 PM
Default You got the cruise control instructions?

I did not get notified of the last post.
The dealer in New Braunfels is Bluebonnet Ford. Gary is the service manager I have been dealing with. He is a VERY patient person.
If you can send or post the instructions you have I'd appreciate it.

Old 02-17-2011, 12:15 AM

For my programming instructions anyway, it doesn't say anything about entering a different f150's code (which mike & tom at the C.C.S. confirmed):

1. Connect vehicle via the diagnostic connector
2. Follow hook up to screen
3. After WDS displays vehicle info, select "Tool Box" on top of screen
4. From on-screen menu, select "Module Programming"
5. Select "Programmable Parameters"
6. Select "Speed Items"
7. Set speed control-PCM-to "present"
8. Follow instructions on the WDS to complete operation.
9. Test cruise.

I tried opening the link to the '09+ models, but it froze my browser. They are listed under "install manuals" at the bottom of the cruise control store's home page though.

Old 02-17-2011, 03:10 AM

Well i don't know how I missed it, but there was an entire thread of folks with 04-08 f150's whose cc installation worked just as described per the cruise control store.

So time to quit being paranoid, & go find a dealership that wants to play along. Hopefully nothing's changed for your guys' newest generation & all you need is the appropriate programming instructions too.

Old 02-17-2011, 11:32 PM

The next couple of service departments were more cooperative when I brought in the above instructions.

One estimate was $233 to install/program, & personally spoke with the tech who told me no problem, that he's done it before. The other said $170 for the same, but I didn't speak to the tech personally, & had forgotten this was the dealership whose service department broke my parents' radio & wouldn't take responsibility. I'd deserve whatever happened if I tried to save that $63!

Old 02-19-2011, 10:07 AM

Seems kinda steep for 20 minutes work! The steering wheel pops off when you release the three springs and then takeoff the one bolt. The actual programming is point and click stuff. As long as they guarantee that it will work when they are done and it will only take the one trip it is probably worth the money. No guarantee, I would refuse to pay.

Old 02-20-2011, 12:21 AM

$95 for programming- without installation- was my biggest sticker-shock. Guess I'm that desperate for a cruise control.

And the guarantee (refunding 80% of the cost of the part only) is from the cruise control store, not the dealership. If I refused to pay, they might refuse to give me my truck back!

Are you guys giving up on yours (maybe call the cruise control store for programming instructions on the new generation f150's)?

Quick Reply: 2010 F150 Cruise Control