Ford F-150 The entry level full size truck from Ford, one of America's best selling for decades.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

can seem to figure out

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2008, 10:16 PM
Default can seem to figure out

[:@]i am driving a 04 f-150 4x4.Iwent on a rosd trip sleding and i lost all power when i had the truck in drive but when you put in park you could rev it up.so i went to a mechanic and he told me the plugs where bad,so he replaced them and it seemed to be a little better.but when i left to go home which was about 600k it started to act up again when i would put it in passing gear and the engine would rev to 4 or 5 thousand rpm.the truck would jerk back and forth and have a lack of power.when you would back off the gas it would start to pull again.the mechanic also did a fuel pressure check and replaced the air and fuel filter.no engine light would come on while it was doing this.also about a week before i had my actuator and hub assembly repalced on both sides because i had a noise coming from the drivers wheel it sounds like a paper bag in the wheel.when i back off the throttle it goes away to load the motor up again.it sounds as if my hub is meshing could this part be a vacuum problem.and if i lock it in 4x4 the hub dont make the noise. any help would be appreciated please

Old 03-13-2008, 10:30 PM
Default RE: can seem to figure out

Sounds like something didn't get put back together right when you had you front hubs rebuilt. The lack of a check engine light would indicate you probably have a problem with something mechanical. I would have the front hubs checked first. Most other problems I know of that would cause this would probably result in the computer pulling codes...your check engine light would be on. The hub might not be fully dis-engauging. Hope this helps.