Ford F-150 The entry level full size truck from Ford, one of America's best selling for decades.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F-150 generator use

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2021, 12:37 PM
Default F-150 generator use

I just brought home my new 2021 F-150 Lariat. Was disappointed in not having an owner's manual. Viewing the manual online has definite limitations. I have the electric outlet in truck bed. Salesman had no idea how it works. Can't find info in manual. Does anyone know what size appliance I can plug into this and do I have to have the truck running for the generator to work? Thanks. As you can probably tell I am a new user to this forum and will probably ask some stupid questions.

Old 05-22-2021, 03:51 PM

Have you considered a different Ford dealership for the correct answers?

Not being sure just how the truck is set up, A lot will depend on just what you will be operating.
From what info I came across, there were different power units available and it appeared that you were able to use up to and around 400 watts.with the basic system.
Somebody in a good dealership should be able to provide some better answers than what I suggested.

Old 05-22-2021, 07:41 PM

There's a special site that my dealer sent me that sends me to a ford page containing videos just for my F150. They have a video that shows you how to use the onboard propower. I could sit here and type out how to use it, but it's best if you see it hands on or via video. There's a video on YouTube that shows you how to use the Ford Pro Power Onboard. Go to Youtube and type Pro Power Onboard Ford How-To Ford.

Old 05-23-2021, 09:45 AM
Default re: generator

Originally Posted by hanky
Have you considered a different Ford dealership for the correct answers?

Not being sure just how the truck is set up, A lot will depend on just what you will be operating.
From what info I came across, there were different power units available and it appeared that you were able to use up to and around 400 watts.with the basic system.
Somebody in a good dealership should be able to provide some better answers than what I suggested.
Thanks, Hanky, for the dealer suggestion. Next closest dealer is another 2 hours away. I liked JCFord Hyb's suggestion of viewing the You Tube video. Great advice.

Old 05-23-2021, 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by JCFordHyB
There's a special site that my dealer sent me that sends me to a ford page containing videos just for my F150. They have a video that shows you how to use the onboard propower. I could sit here and type out how to use it, but it's best if you see it hands on or via video. There's a video on YouTube that shows you how to use the Ford Pro Power Onboard. Go to Youtube and type Pro Power Onboard Ford How-To Ford.
Thanks, JCFordHyB, for the You Tube suggestion. That was exactly what I was looking for.

Old 06-25-2021, 02:38 PM
Default no owners manual

in your center display under settings there is an owners manual for your concern

Old 06-26-2021, 09:16 AM

Thanks jram. I am finally working through all the areas of concern I had. I sure miss not having an owner's manual in my hands however.