Ford F-150 The entry level full size truck from Ford, one of America's best selling for decades.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F-150 TRANSMISSION PROBLEMS

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2006, 08:47 PM
Default F-150 TRANSMISSION PROBLEMS

This past weekend I used my '95 F-150 to haul an overloaded trailor. I realized afterwards that there was probably to mutch weight on the trailor. After the hauling was over the problems started. By the way it is a five speed manuel transmission. Well the first problem was when I shifted into first gear or reverse then there was extreme shuttering and I had to raise the RPM's allot higher than normal just to shift. I drained some of the transmission fluid and refilled it. That seemed to help a small amount. Well today when I took the trailor back it was worse off than before. To make a long story short about 10 miles down the road after pulling out of a parking lot with the trailor I went to shift from first gear into second when I heard a loud snap and the clutch pedal would not come back up. I left the transmission in neutral and check on the master cylinder fluid. It was at the normal level so I got back into the truck and when I wen to shift the stick just moved around freely. I can no longer shift into any gear but I can turn the engine on and off and the clutch moves as normal now.

Old 07-03-2006, 11:26 PM
Default RE: F-150 TRANSMISSION PROBLEMS

Sounds like something let loose on the clutch like the pressure plate. It might be time to replace the clutch kit.