Ford F-150 The entry level full size truck from Ford, one of America's best selling for decades.

Ford Remote Start 2010

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2010, 07:09 PM
Default Ford Remote Start 2010

Does anyone have any onformation regarding the FORD 2010 Remote start system? My dealer installed mine- the system starts the truck, but when the doors are opened- it shuts off---ANY IDEAS- dealer says its made that way?????

Old 02-25-2010, 07:07 AM

I have a new Escape with the exact same problem. My dealership told me that it was a safety feature that Ford added and there was nothing they could do about it. This is stupid!

I found some useful information at http://www.f150forum.com/f38/remote-start-help-36665/

I sent an e-mail to Ford and I'm still waiting to hear back from them.

Good luck.

Old 02-26-2010, 07:09 AM
Default 2010 Remote Start

Unfortunately---ANyone with the 2010 FORD Remote Start with the security system CANNOT be over ridden to allow the vehicle to stay on when you open the door. I have went all the way to Detroit on this one and have spoken to the Ford Engineer.
His information is:
Michael Kan
Ford Motor Company
Product Engineer
Vehicle Personalization, SEO
mkan@ford.com

Basically, I am having the ford unit removed and having the aftermarket AUDIOVOX system installed so I can get in my vehicle without it stopping. Trust me- My Ford dealer didnt even know this was a "design" and they were as astounded as I was that someone would do this.
THere are "work" arounds for people who dont have the built in security system and the My KEY feature. But even they will have to use a separate key FOB.
Anyway, I encourage EVERYONE TO EMAIL FORD (engineer) about there dis-satisfaction over this and maybe they will develop a "fix" for the hudreds of thousands of people who are going to be highly upset over this.

Drive Safe - Text Later!

Old 03-02-2010, 05:54 PM
Angry 2010 Remote Start Escape

We have the same issue with the Ford-installed remote starter on a 2010 Escape. The dealer told us to bring it back so it could be reprogrammed. He said it should not work that way. When his service techs could not get it to work "properly" he contacted Ford directly and they told him it was a new "security feature". Are they kidding? A new feature??? What brilliant engineer designed this? Will Ford replace starters for free when they wear out twice as fast because we have to restart the car every time we open the door? Ford should have to refund the cost of the system or replace it with one that works. Having to put in the ignition key before you step on the brake should have been enough security. What were they thinking? Oh wait, I guess they just weren't thinking!

We are loyal Ford owners but this has us rethinking our loyalty.

Old 03-12-2010, 04:53 PM
Default All fixed!

I had my dealership fix the remote starter today. It took 3hrs because Ford was reluctant to give them the information to fix it and they had to call/fax Ford several times. Ford basically said that by installing the software patch it disabled this "security feature" and they didn't want to be held liable if something happened. But in the end they did it. Now my remote starter works like it should (i.e., shuts off when you put your foot on the brake - after inserting the key). And for the record my Escape is equipped with MyKey and a security system. So if someone tells you they can't do it - tell them they're wrong. Good luck.

Old 03-29-2010, 07:06 PM

I have a 2010 escape with remote start & mykey. If you turn off the interior light you can open the door while in remote run BUT the engine still shuts off, brake or no brake finger in your nose whatever when the key goes into the ignition.....STUPID!!! I want it out with a refund, I'll wait until there is a remote that doesn't reduce starter & battery life . My first brand new vehical & I already hate it, the dealer says they have disable options to make it work the way I want .......

Old 06-17-2010, 01:41 PM

It is easily programmed to change this behavior. You can do it at home. You can change the run time to 15 minutes and turn off the horn chirps at start, if you want.

To change the stop engine "feature", you need to set option 7 in Bank 2...

http://techservices.codesystems.com/

This apparently is the supplier of the Ford remote start systems. Just create a Login and then click Ford at the top of the page. The PDF that you are looking for is titled
'PROGRAMMING - GEN2 BRONZE WITH OR WITHOUT "MYKEY"'. It details the programming process.

Interestingly, there is also a document titled 'NEW 2010 MODEL YEAR SECURITY ENHANCEMENTS FOR MYKE', which is a memo to dealers stating not to reprogram this for customers even if they complain about the issue in this thread...

Last edited by Mustang46; 06-17-2010 at 01:43 PM. Reason: Bad Grammar
Old 07-26-2010, 11:36 AM
Default 2010 Expedition EL Remote Start

Thank you for this information. My dealer is saying the same thing about not being able to adjust this. Reading through the instructions it says to "Press and hold th programming/override button (step #3). Can someone tell me what / where this button is?

Thanks

Old 07-28-2010, 02:38 PM

On the Escape, it was installed underneath the steering column behind a plastic panel. The LED is about 1 inch from a black button that is a part of the wire harness...

Old 07-28-2010, 03:12 PM

Thanks. I will look and see.

Quick Reply: Ford Remote Start 2010