Ford F-150 The entry level full size truck from Ford, one of America's best selling for decades.

Ford Remote Start 2010

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2010, 02:44 PM
Default Ford Remote Starter opens/closes automatic windows?

Does any know if the Ford six button fob version with the two programmable buttons can me configured to raise/lower automatic windows?

This is for the part "Remote Start, Remote Keyless Entry, Vehicle Security & Siren" Part Number: AL3Z-19G364-A ?

I'm looking for remote window controls in addition to automatic start and my local dealer didn't have an answer.

Thanks-
S

Old 09-29-2010, 11:10 PM
Question Ford Remote Start 2010

We had our "Ford" remote starter installed on Tuesday in our Focus. I had even asked ahead of time if there were any decisions or choices to be made and was told....no. Since this was the 2nd car in less than 2 years (first was totalled this summer), I presumed between that and being told no choices needed, that we would get the same starter as before and it would be an integrated remote with 5 or 6 buttons.

Instead, we received an additional remote just for the starter function. While my wife doesn't care that much about that, since she carries her keys in a purse, it infuriated me. I don;t need MORE stuff in my already overloaded pocket/keychain. In addition, we were given a yellow piece of paper telling us of the new "security" feature, and advising us that the engine would shut off whenever a door was opened. This made me even more angry. In addition, the "quick-stop" feature is disabled due to that wonderful dumbass "MyKey" system, that I had no idea was in my vehicle and want no part of.

The sales staff has been understanding, AND I was told by my salesperson that he CAN set up an appointment for me to have the stupid security features programmed away. HOWEVER....I am still not happy.

First of all, I will have to carry around that ridiculous extra remote for just the starter. And more importantly, I am being told that they are not SUPPOSED to do this, but that they will....for me (disable the security feature caused by MyKey).

Also.... (and I am still waiting for an answer from the dealership), what would happen if one of the remotes or keys is lost years from now, and the new one and existing ones have to be reprogrammed, and some idiot accidentally or on purpose undoes the programming that disabled the stupid door opening security feature? I would complain and be told that it cannot be put back ----cause they are not allowed to.

I'm STILL thinking of insisiting they remove the whole thing and give me a total refund. Can I do that? Would you recommend it, or would you keep it in the car, as long as they can reprogram the stupidness out of it?

By the way.... my understanding is that the MYKEY system is a means of controlling teenage drivers. My child is grown and will never be a teenager again, AND was taught to drive responsibly anyway. Why should MY car be shackled?

And the Dealer's response to disabling the "MyKey" system is akin to me asking to disable the Catalytic Converter, or the seatbelts. I would never do that, but I SHOULD be able to have them disable a system I never wanted on my car. They would disconnect the radio if I asked them, wouldn;t they? Or would they??!?!?

Sorry for the rant. This is REALLY upsetting me no matter how hard I try to get over it.

Old 11-02-2010, 07:23 PM
Default remote start problems

I had a audiovox pro9056 prusuit sreies remote start installed on a 2010 F150 4x4 xlt. no mykey on it. I have has it back to the shop 6 times. It will only randommly start with remote start fob. press button truck lights come on and dash lights on. can hear fuel pump come on but wont start.
starts sometime first thing in morning the if I stop for breakfast, about an hour come back out it will not start. let set at work then will start after 10 hour shift then stop for soda and then it will not start it.
use regular key to start and is fine, security light flashes a couple times like when you turn key on and step on break. will kill truck if you step on reak before turning key on, like it should. just cant count on it starting truck each time trying to use. installer says audiovox you do not need the fake key under dash, there bypass makes this possible.
Can anyone give me any ideas on what to do next?

Old 03-02-2011, 09:43 PM
Default Remote Start 2010 XTR

Just purchased a 2010 150 XTR 4WD, had a Costco cash incentive that was removed in favor of the same incentive worth of accessories. I opted for a remote start and a tonneau cover. Dealer then installed both. The remote start has been a Godsend in Atlantic Canada this winter. But it runs only for 15 minutes much to my chagrin, Some of these days that is not long enough to defrost the windshield. However, guess I am lucky in other ways, it does not shut off when I open the doors, but will if I touch the brake. But then I learned to put the key in first and turn it, and it does not shut off. Drive away. The other alternative is to start it twice if I am not ready to go in 15 minutes.

Old 06-13-2011, 11:35 AM

On a ford remote start as long as its hooked to the door pin switchs ,it will turn off when a door is open !! it can be changed by finding the remote start box and cutting the wire going to each door but please dont do this unless you know what your looking for !!

Old 02-02-2019, 09:17 PM

Well several years later, the remote start quit working. 2010 XTR F150. Had the batteries in the fob replaced today. One was low. The fob has two buttons, one to start, the other says AS or A5 not sure what it does. When I press either of them, the LED flashes, the park lights on the truck flash, but no start. Does the truck have a lock out switch? the Parts guy at the Ford Dealer says it does, anyone know where it is? I checked under the dash best I could. Also, is there some sort of hood connection?

Old 01-26-2021, 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by mykingranch2010
Does anyone have any onformation regarding the FORD 2010 Remote start system? My dealer installed mine- the system starts the truck, but when the doors are opened- it shuts off---ANY IDEAS- dealer says its made that way?????
98% of all remote starts will cut off if you hit the brake pedal, never heard of it shutting down by opening the door, i have a 2017 Escape and when i hit the brake it will shut down, also starts when the hood is open.