Ford F-150 The entry level full size truck from Ford, one of America's best selling for decades.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heating issue

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2011, 08:23 AM
Default Heating issue

We have recently replaced the Thermastat in our 1997 Ford F150 in hopes that was issue with having no heat. Its warm just doesnt heat like it used to. Unplugged the A/c as it seemed to be running even when heat was selected. That warmed it up a bit but still not very warm. Any suggestions?

Old 12-22-2011, 11:50 AM

Here is something you might try.
When the engine has warmed up as shown on the temp gauge, feel both heater hoses.
If they are both hot it would point to a problem with the controls for the blend door etc.
At least it should help narrow down the problem to a particular section. Let us know what you find.

Old 01-19-2012, 12:44 PM

replace insulation around heater core.Ijust did and now it will run you out and will increase fan pressure

Old 04-07-2014, 01:01 PM
Question

I just bought a F150 4.6 Super Crew. Truck runs great, but only the tiniest bit of heat. AC works great. I have flushed out the heater core with water. The person I bought it from recently had the radiator redone. Both hoses are hot. Flow great now that core is flushed and back flushed. Mechanic from previous owner told her actuator motor and blend door were working properly. Since mechanic was a pro and family friend, on the surface for the moment I will trust motor and door okay. So what is left? Control **** seems intact and does switich properly from AC to heat side. fan blowing well. All I can think of now is to check the climate control behind **** and test and check connections to the actuator motor. Any thoughts? Thanks much.

Old 04-07-2014, 06:30 PM
Question

I just bought a F150 4.6 Super Crew. Truck runs great, but only the tiniest bit of heat. AC works great. I have flushed out the heater core with water. The person I bought it from recently had the radiator redone. Both hoses are hot. Flow great now that core is flushed and back flushed. Mechanic from previous owner told her actuator motor and blend door were working properly. Since mechanic was a pro and family friend, on the surface for the moment I will trust motor and door okay. So what is left? Control **** seems intact and does switich properly from AC to heat side. fan blowing well. All I can think of now is to check the climate control behind **** and test and check connections to the actuator motor. Any thoughts? Thanks much.