Ford F-150 The entry level full size truck from Ford, one of America's best selling for decades.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No Crank No Start, and replaced a lot of stuff!

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2013, 11:06 AM
Default No Crank No Start, and replaced a lot of stuff!

Gentlemen, I would ask for any advice you might have. I am in a very somber mood, having just replaced the starter, starter solenoid, battery, spark plugs, and rotator cup/cap on my 86 Ford F150.

Sure she is an old vehicle, but used to run great. I made an effort to start her at least once every few weeks but I slipped up and a month past before my latest attempt. Prior to replacing the parts mentioned, I attempting to jump with no luck, and even crossing the nuts on the fender relay switch. With the new parts, I get the same result.

I wouldn't necessarily describe it as a "clicking" so much, but more like a loud buzzer, emanating from the starter solenoid. My only suspicion now ,which I have little experience with, are a inline fuse, clutch safey switch (if exists?), or bad ground somewhere. Are there any commonly known issues that would cause this? What would be your next step?

THank you in advance

Old 11-26-2013, 04:30 PM

If you can, open the cable insulation with a small slit in the area of where the battery cables connect to the battery. If you see any corrosion the cables could be the problem.