Ford F-150 The entry level full size truck from Ford, one of America's best selling for decades.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sync 3, Navigation and touch screen went on the fritz

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2019, 12:23 PM
Question Sync 3, Navigation and touch screen went on the fritz

The problem started last month. The connection with my iPhone7 began to drop. I would be on a phone call and the BT connection would drop, and I carried on the conversation through the phone's speaker/mic. Then, several seconds or maybe a minute later, the BT would connect on its own and the call would switch back to the car's speaker/mic.

Then, on a road trip, the red GPS icon came up on the screen when I was in Navigation. The touch screen also became unreliable.

Now, at times, if I am on Sirius, if I try to switch channels, it makes the button I pressed a programmed button for the station that I am currently listening to and I have two of the same stations proggrammed.

I have reset the unit several times by pressing the power button and the right arrow. It seems to make the Nav work for a bit.

When I press the button on the steering wheel to activate the voice menu, it is buggy. Sometimes it works, other times the voice prompts are delayed, and if I am lucky enough to get past saying, "Find and address," the voice will cut in and out.

I was in the dealership and I set an appointment, but I am fearful of the cost of repair! Truck just went out of warranty, 42K mi. This all started happening before the 36K miles mark, so not sure what I will be able to get the dealership to do.

Any ideas on what might be broken?

I just performed system updates and it says the system is up to date.

Thanks.