Ford F-150 The entry level full size truck from Ford, one of America's best selling for decades.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

transmission terms...

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2009, 05:56 PM

yes I do live in an emissions state.

and I have just 6 weeks to get this 'cheep' truck through inspection.... its gonna cost a fortune....

new problem discovered today...

oil in the air filter box,
on the up side,
the under side of the filter there was a good bit of oil, the breather filter was no longer attached to its mounts and the air filter was bad black...but it seemed stronger on the short run from the parts store we will go 50 miles in the am to be sure.

thats pretty scary but it could be why it seemed so weak.. the poor truck couldn't breath.

Old 01-18-2011, 10:59 AM

Funny thing happened…

I have owned fords for years and I know a fair amount about them, as it turned out I had my rear axel seals done in Aug of 2010. In Dec I started to feel this washboard issue and couldn’t figure out as to why this was happening. I am meticulous to the maintenances to my truck and cars so it was not the case of not keeping up on the trucks repairs. I went on a road trip and this feeling got worse like the rear end was bouncing all over the road and when turning the truck felt like a washboard/tire rubbing. With me knowing about the ford additive that is a MUST for all ford 4X4 trucks and special differential’s in larger ford vehicles. This additive will allow the correct slip so everything will work correctly. If this additive is not re-added it will start to show sign’s 3 to 5 months later as the above issue (as the old additive will start to wear out and the grinding will start. Damaging the internal deferential components.

I suggest you look back on your bills as this additive costs 20$+ Canadian and is a cheap preventive fix. If the shop you went to did not add the additive (((( FORD HAS A MECHANICAL POSTING)))) about the importance of this additive and warns of the damage that WILL be caused if not used….. the shop is responsible for the repair and you have legal recourse to recoup the cost from the said shops. This is not a joke and is a very costly repair that can only be prevented with the additive. Ford has made the internal working of the differentials so tight and precise, the necessity of this additive is one of the most important issue to the drive train workings.

Old 01-18-2011, 11:02 AM

Ps My dealer just replaced all the cluches at their cost Due to them not adding the additive to the oil when the replaced the rear seals on my truck it is now Jan 18th and it is in the shop getting the repair done free of charge