Ford F-150 The entry level full size truck from Ford, one of America's best selling for decades.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

warranty denied due to LOW mileage... WTH

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2008, 01:02 PM
Default RE: warranty denied due to LOW mileage... WTH

As I stated above, we needed the entire story on the brake issue. There is a consumer number in the back of the owners manual to contact Ford. They will help you as much as they can. The dealer may not be scrupulous, but the warranty department of Ford will help you. Call them and see what they offer. I am a fleet manager for a city fleet of vehicles. I am on first name basis with about 8 Ford warranty personnel. I will throw it out to a few when I get back to work.

Old 10-25-2008, 01:57 PM

Update for everyone.

Dad got his money back yesterday!! He didn't even need to escalate to the regional rep. It was all done at the dealership level.

Dad sais "Ford is taking care of it"

It probably helped alot that he is considering trading in his current 2005 F150 to a 2008 F150. They now have 5 year warranties. (He'd been considering this anyways after helping me buy my 2007 Ranger in August. If you have the money, the prices on new trucks have never been lower... now's the time to buy.)

Now some of you will argue that the dealership only reversed the bill in order to get the sale. But right now he is still considering, nothing is signed.

That does not change the fact that a warranty is a legal document. brake pads and linings are the only part of the brake assembly listed under wear items under the Ford Warranty. The rest of the brake assembly is covered by the basic 3 year warranty (5year on the 2008 Dad is considering).

I have a 6 year extented warranty I bought for the 2007 Ranger... It has a WHOLE CHAPTER of Exclusions and most of which are brake parts... that's right, my extented warranty does not cover rotors, pads, linings, calliper. (But i bought it for when a window motor goes out, interior heater or some other similar things that other drivers chose to live with... I like EVERYTHING in my vehicle to work-this warranty basically pays for the shop time for things i have no idea how to fix, but probably could do myself if i had the tools and supervision)

Being a legal document, if you are going to exclude anything it needs to be stated that the part is either exclude or is a wear item under limited warranty or is a wear item without warranty.

So, I'm taking my ranger have it's brakes looked at... ABS issues. My ranger is just over 18 months old. If repairs need to be done, my FORD warranty is gonna take care of it. Yep, going to the same dealership. (if no repairs, then i'm out a diagnosis fee)

Ford's service has been great, even tru this adventure.

The way we look at it, in three years this was their first screw up. I owned a P.o.S. Plymouth breeze that I took to the most competent Dodge dealership in town... they weren't that competent. Every repair with them I had to always bring the car back at least once. The last repair job was the last straw, and I decided to buy my widdle twuck.

And this is why Dad is probably going to own a new truck (with a new warranty, :icon_biggrin: )by Rememberance Day (if not Halloween... ). He's really been eyeing the Peublo Gold, he has plain Black.

I want to thank everyone for their tips and support.

Old 10-26-2008, 04:57 PM

you first ask for their regional manager phone number, if that doesn't work file a consumer complaint with the consumer safety board in DC james. don't take no for a answer, you are protected under the consumer safety act.