Ford F-250 & Ford F-350 The heavier duty full sized trucks from Ford, offering bigger, more powerful engines and drivetrains for the abuse they may go through in the workplace.

6.0 mods

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2006, 04:03 PM
Default RE: 6.0 mods

Your bogus. Come up with some e- mail addresses or spew your crap elsewhere.

Old 02-04-2006, 04:47 PM

email addresses for what? Like I said before I do not care what you believe or do not believe. You are obviously one of the people that believes everything there owners manual or dealer want you to believe and thats it. You are nobody to me and I do not have to prove anything to you. I post facts, if you choose to dissagree, thats your option. People like you must live a very boring life always trying to put other people down due to your own ingnorance of the subject. Did you join this site to talk shi* and blow smoke? Because thats about all you seem to do!

Old 02-04-2006, 07:20 PM

Who is putting who down? You claim to know engineers testing these vehicles? I would like their Ford.com addresses so I could find out what kind of testing they are doing. I do know engineers and I can provide e-mail addresses for you. I dont base my argument on what Ford warranty says. I base my argument on what the engineers say. You obviously do not. Engine longevity suffers with mods and that is a fact. I am done arguing with you, so you can go back to dealing disinformation to these people in peace.

Old 02-04-2006, 09:14 PM

you sure are presistant on getting your false statements out there. Why in the world would I give you the contact info for the people I work with? Are you not all there? You seem to believe whatever your owners manual wants you to believe. I work in one of the new product development buildings and deal with this stuff every day, but I know, your manual says it will void your warranty, so you want to continue with your FALSE comments.

Old 02-05-2006, 02:37 PM

You are absolutely correct in your statement about moding the 6.0 powerstroke engine. It will significantly increase the probability of problems and will void the factory warranty. I have yet to hear of any aftermarket company that has actually payed for repairs, no matter what they claim in there advertising. These motors are already reprogrammed by Ford for more power than International. By increasing them even more with programmers, its exceeding the limits of system design even further. All I can say is, programmers=trouble, sooner or later. You can look forward to fried EGR coolers, failed turbos, blown headgaskets, especially if you tow. Even so much as a non factory air filter that does not meet or exceed factory specs can void the warranty. Losing the the 5yr 100k warranty, is it worth it? I'll back you up in your statements.

Old 02-05-2006, 06:38 PM

No one ever said that the warranty wouldn't be voided, certain dealers will void your warranty for simply using certain air filters. Bottom line both of you will continue to believe what you believe and if you even own a 6.0L truck you will never see it's full potential. I suppose that you two geniuses will argue that the numbers below are not possible from a 6.0L. Fact is, people have been running there 6.0L's for many miles both unloaded and pulling there max capacity. All without any off the so called issues that you claim are supposed to happen if someone chooses to mod there 6.0L. Bottom line, you shouldn't spread your false info when obviously you have no real kloweldge on the subject other than what your dealers service person is telling you. These mods can and are done everyday and depending on the mods, can actually increase the durability of the engine.

Test vehicle: 2003 Ford Extended Cab 2WD F350 Dually
Engine: 6.0L Power Stroke
Transmission: TorqueShift SR100 5-Speed Automatic

Rear-Wheel Horsepower:
Best gain 236.2 hp
(3600 rpm) 374.0 hp
(3600 rpm) +137.8 hp 58% more
Rear-Wheel Torque:
Best gain 455.4 lb-ft (2400 rpm) 686.7 lb-ft (2400 rpm) +231.3 lb-ft 51% more
Rear-Wheel Horsepower:
Peak-to-peak 268.7 hp
(3200 rpm) 384.4 hp
(3400 rpm) +115.7 hp 43% more
Rear-Wheel Torque:
Peak-to-peak 467.0 lb-ft (2200 rpm) 690.6 lb-ft (2000 rpm) +223.6 lb-ft 48% more
Acceleration, time:
1/8 mile
11.21 sec
9.93 sec
-1.28 sec
11% quicker
Acceleration, speed:
1/8 mile 67.9 mph
77.4 mph
+9.5 mph
14% faster
Acceleration, time:
1/4 mile
17.25 sec
15.28 sec
-1.97 sec
11% quicker
Acceleration, speed:
1/4 mile 81.2 mph
91.2 mph
+10.0 mph
12% faster
Acceleration, time:
0-60 mph
10.3 sec
8.0 secs
-2.3 sec
22% quicker
Acceleration, distance:
0-60 mph 524 ft
336 ft
-188 ft
36% shorter

Old 02-06-2006, 12:23 PM

if you even own a 6.0L truck you will never see it's full potential.
Bottom line, you shouldn't spread your false info when obviously you have no real kloweldge on the subject other than what your dealers service person is telling you. These mods can and are done everyday and depending on the mods, can actually increase the durability of the engine.
.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .....................................

Your above statements are quite amazing. False info? Who's giving the false info here? Fact is I do own a 6.0 and have experienced the detrimental effects of moding the motor and would never preach to anyone that moding for higher power output will not affect reliability and warranty. The power gains by moding are intoxicating, but you play you pay. Fact is, how can you say moding like your suggesting will increase the durability, that is just plainly false. Fact is, I have alot of knowledge in this field. These are EGR motors (exhaust gas recirculation) and are backpressure regulated variable vane turbo charged. Explain to me how, by increasing the power output with a programmer and exhaust it will not have an effect on durability as you claim. The only way more power is achieved is by adding fuel and boost and retiming. All these have an effect on combustion temps/pressure and the EGR system. You add fuel and air to a fire and what happens? These motors already have a problem with the EGR cooler superheating the coolant and causing excessive gas pressure in the cooling system. Think about 1050-1250 degrees of exhaust or higher going into the EGR cooler at a higher rate, not to mention the turbo fins being blasted even further, along with increased combustion chamber pressure. But this has no effect on durability as you claim. You talk to any knowledgable certified Ford Techs and they will tell you the facts of the real world. Since I have no real knowledge as you claim, then maybe I'm not really a certified diagnostic technician for Mercedes Benz for nearly 30 yrs. I have returned my truck engine back to stock and will keep it that way because I don't trust moding these motors, they just don't take it as well as the 7.3

Old 02-06-2006, 05:52 PM

Well at least we agree on one thing, their is much more that can be done to the 7.3L without killing. As for the 6.0L, I will continue to believe what I see every day and with the excellent results I have experianced with the systems I have installed on friends trucks that have many hard miles on them since the mods and are still going strong. I don't see any reason to continue this post and the bickering back and forth. Obviously you have reasons to believe what you do, and I have reasons for believing what I do. If interested, take a look at banks site, www.bankspower.com There stuff is throughly tested and works quite well and actually is designed with many safty features to prevent failure to your engine and keep it going string.

Old 02-06-2006, 09:07 PM

Man that was some funny sh**. I couldn't stop laughing while reading this thread.
I read on another forum, that it wasn't the head gaskets, but the head bolts that where streching. There should be an aftermarket replacement coming soon, but to do it you have to pull the engine or lift the cab.

RNGMSTR- You said you work for ford. Do you have the inside scoop on when the '07 Ford f250 with the 6.4 Twin Turbos are coming?
When can I order one. I went and test drove an 06, the dealer has no idea what is or when its coming out. They got the same info I did on edmunds.com.
I'm buying a new truck soon, so any info that anyone can give me would be very much appreciated.

Old 02-06-2006, 09:25 PM

The dealers are usually the last to know of a new vehicle launch. If everything continues to go well, the 6.4L should be available late this year as an early '07 model. Nothing set in stone, but it's looking pretty good.

Quick Reply: 6.0 mods