Ford F-250 & Ford F-350 The heavier duty full sized trucks from Ford, offering bigger, more powerful engines and drivetrains for the abuse they may go through in the workplace.

Abs light

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2017, 03:53 PM
Default Abs light

Hey everyone. I have a 95 f350 4x4 7.5 manual transmission. I started it up today and the red brake light and the yellow abs light are on. Also have no tail lights. I released the e-brake and the red brake light on the dash panel went out. Abs light still on and no tail lights. Any of you got an idea what might be causing this and how to fix it?

Last edited by Captanronash; 07-03-2017 at 04:00 PM. Reason: Add something
Old 07-03-2017, 05:10 PM

Did you get a chance to check the fuses and confirm the bulbs are good?
What do you get when you put the hazard lights on?

Old 07-04-2017, 06:37 AM

Pulled the fuses for lights turn signals brakes etc. Did a visual inspect. All looked ok. All lights work when i turn the lights on except brake lights. Have not checked hazards yet.

Old 07-18-2017, 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by Captanronash
Pulled the fuses for lights turn signals brakes etc. Did a visual inspect. All looked ok. All lights work when i turn the lights on except brake lights. Have not checked hazards yet.
Back again been sick a few days. I was wondering if the 95 f350 4x4's have 4 wheel abs or just the rear wheels called ABR?

Old 07-18-2017, 11:40 PM
Super Moderator

If you have no brake lights, everything seems to check out,, look at the connector on the brake light switch and it's short harness close to the switch. They like to break the wire from flexing with lever travel. The wire core will break but not the insulation.

Check for 12v on 'both sides' of the brake lamp switch connector with peddle applied, (yes/no?) If good, give the wire a good tug. If the core is broke, the insulation will stretch.

On the ABS,, make sure the brake reservoir is full and look at the fluid level sensor mounted on the underside of the nylon tank. Sensor and connectors were a common fail. Also, the sensor or connector in the rear diff. Speedo working spec?

Old 07-19-2017, 01:03 AM

Back again been sick a few days. I was wondering if the 95 f350 4x4's have 4 wheel abs or just the rear wheels called ABR?

Old 07-19-2017, 01:15 AM

Originally Posted by Hayapower
If you have no brake lights, everything seems to check out,, look at the connector on the brake light switch and it's short harness close to the switch. They like to break the wire from flexing with lever travel. The wire core will break but not the insulation.

Check for 12v on 'both sides' of the brake lamp switch connector with peddle applied, (yes/no?) If good, give the wire a good tug. If the core is broke, the insulation will stretch.

On the ABS,, make sure the brake reservoir is full and look at the fluid level sensor mounted on the underside of the nylon tank. Sensor and connectors were a common fail. Also, the sensor or connector in the rear diff. Speedo working spec?
Thanks for the in put Hayapower. I'll try n get those checks in asp! I went ahead a purchased a differential sensor while i had the bucks to spare just in case the old one is bad. Man i cant wait to drive this beast. If a string is in a knot, patience will untie it.

Old 07-19-2017, 10:51 AM

"Parking" brake.
:-)
Eric

Old 07-19-2017, 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by eric hoffmeyer
"Parking" brake.
:-)
Eric
Hey Eric, the parking brake goes all the way to the floor and the red brake light comes on. Release it and the light goes out. The abs light stays on no matter what. Have no tail lights. Ill be checking fluid level later today and bulbs n fuses. May need new brake shoes.

Old 07-23-2017, 01:44 AM

Hey Eric, the parking brake goes all the way to the floor and the red brake light comes on. Release it and the light goes out. The abs light stays on no matter what. Have no tail lights. Ill be checking fluid level later today and bulbs n fuses. May need new brake shoes.
well thought id give some input here. Its been triple digits here for past month so getting things done is slow. I did check my master cylinder fluid level. Viewing it from the side it appears to be just below the max line. I opened it up and was surprised that it didnt seem as full inside as outside. The plastic disc is almost down at the bottom and no fluid above it. Just didn't seem quite right to me. Theres two electrical connections to the master cylinder. One on the side kinda in the middle. The other is on top of the very end opposite the firewall.

Quick Reply: Abs light