Ford F-250 & Ford F-350 The heavier duty full sized trucks from Ford, offering bigger, more powerful engines and drivetrains for the abuse they may go through in the workplace.

need help with gauges

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2018, 12:05 PM
Default need help with gauges

hi have problems with my 05 F250 6.0 gauges drop to the ground after 2 seconds of Crank on except for gas and oil pressure tried everything checked off fuses don't think it's the cluster diagnostic won't even read

Old 10-12-2018, 04:47 AM

What battery voltage do you have when cranking?

Old 10-12-2018, 11:49 AM
Default No power gauges drop

Voltage is good just had to replace the battery truck cranks turns on 2 seconds 3 seconds later all the gauges drop no readings just says check gages assuming cuz they're all to the bottom except for gas and oil pressure

Old 10-12-2018, 12:19 PM

Before condemning any parts, good move to verify good electrical connections to fuse panel and ground connections to sheet metal. Some gauges will work with minimum voltage , others won't.
Vehicle has 1 battery ? or 2 ?

Old 10-12-2018, 12:44 PM

Seems we shorted some cables under the dash when we connected the battery wrong. Gonna rewire or replace harness

Old 10-12-2018, 01:25 PM

I would like to help you out if you wish, but need some info from you.
If your vehicle is a 6.0 ,doesn't it have 2 batteries?
Can you tell us what you did and maybe we can save you some trouble.
If you managed to connect a battery incorrectly , you are gonna have a great time with wires under the dash if that is what you suspect.needs to be repaired.

Old 10-26-2018, 01:38 PM
Default gauges drop

hi still having issues with my gauges staying on the floor does not read PSI on turbo, temperature, RPMs
check the harness got a new PCM program new ficm now I'm suspecting the transmission only because that's where I have my problem and sticks on 3rd or high gear will not manual shift I think I have a bad sensor inside my transmission any body has this problem please share or help thank you also after an hour of running all systems up again running perfect I turned it off crank it back up same thing for about 10 minutes and then we're back to normal and that'll continue until I let the engine cool and then so fourth same problem

Old 10-26-2018, 01:42 PM
Default gauges drop

computer analysis does not communicate while gauges are on the ground when it's running normal after the hour all everything's back to normal gauge is up computer does read does communicate and all systems check to be normal

Old 10-26-2018, 01:45 PM
Default gauges drop

hi still having issues with my gauges staying on the floor does not read PSI on turbo, temperature, RPMs
check the harness got a new PCM program new ficm now I'm suspecting the transmission only because that's where I have my problem and sticks on 3rd or high gear will not manual shift I think I have a bad sensor inside my transmission any body has this problem please share or help thank you also after an hour of running all systems up again running perfect I turned it off crank it back up same thing for about 10 minutes and then we're back to normal and that'll continue until I let the engine cool and then so fourth same problem

Old 10-26-2018, 01:48 PM
Default gauges drop

I also had cluster reflowed and had all of the grounds checked

Quick Reply: need help with gauges