Ford F-250 & Ford F-350 The heavier duty full sized trucks from Ford, offering bigger, more powerful engines and drivetrains for the abuse they may go through in the workplace.

second thoughts

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2006, 11:26 AM
Default second thoughts

aright guys, just signed up to this forum becuase i have a few questions that i need some help answering... Currently own a 1997 f350 powerstoke turbo diesel, AT, new tranny 40k ago, super clean inside and out...all stock w/150k on it....have owned it for year and a half and am not sure whether i want to hold on to it and put some work into it for performance...or sell it and find something new....recently had to replace the rear drive shaft, and a few other seals, nothing major...however i am begining to feel like a other things are about to go wrong...unless my engine is warmed up, my truck will not move in DRIVE, but if i dropped it into second gear, truck moves fine and dont know what the problem could be...also my brakes seem to lock up way to easily on me, especially when its wet out and need to get both issues either taken care....my real problem comes from the fact that i was in a hardware store the other day and some guy walked up to me and told me i was crazy for getting rid of this truck...told me if i sank a few hundred dollars into the truck, it will out perform any new ford....mentioned the banks system...i truthfully dont know too much about trucks, and dont know the advantages of the bigger 7.3L vs the new trucks...any advice or suggestions would be great.....i was all set on selling my truck, but am seriously having second thoughts...appreciate your help

Old 11-05-2006, 02:14 AM
Default RE: second thoughts

The new 6.0L Diesel was riddled with problems when they first came out and it really hurt Ford in the commercial truck business. I think thet got the 6.0L problems taken care of for the most part. That 7.3L you have will last a long time and another 100,000 miles easy if taken care of. I say you need to see what trans and other problems you have before deciding on a newer model.