Ford F-250 & Ford F-350 The heavier duty full sized trucks from Ford, offering bigger, more powerful engines and drivetrains for the abuse they may go through in the workplace.

Side Mirror Lights

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2022, 09:57 PM
Default Side Mirror Lights

I own a 2016 F-250 Super Duty. First diesel I've ever owned. I drove them for several years in the military, but that was before DEF. I bought this used from a new car dealer. The side mirror lights were not working with the exception of the running light on the right side, and the cab lights, well, nary a one of them worked. I've ordered new smoked lens and bulbs for my cab lights. I'm currently trying to order new side mirror lights. This is where I'm running into a dilemma. I believe this truck came out with monofilament bulbs in these mirrors and cab lights, and I believe these lights have been upgraded. The side lights are LED's, made like the switchbacks, but both lenses on each door are amber. So, I'm trying to order new lights for this thing. I want to go with the smoked lenses, and the plug in LED bulbs. Every lens, and light for that matter, that I have found on Amazon and Ebay, and Ford online, has a 2 prong hole on the bottom for the running light, and a 3 prong hole for the turn signal. My problem is, both of the bulb sockets on both sides of the truck, have 2 prongs. I'm not talking about electrical terminals, I'm talking about the alignment prongs on the side of the socket, where they "key" into the lens housing. Both of my sockets have 2 prongs, while every new lens I can find has one 2 prong hole and one 3 prong hole.