Ford F-250 & Ford F-350 The heavier duty full sized trucks from Ford, offering bigger, more powerful engines and drivetrains for the abuse they may go through in the workplace.

Tcm

Old 10-30-2018, 09:58 AM
Default Tcm

I have a 2008 f-250 with the 6.4 twin turbo diesel. I had to take it to the dealership because my check engine light came on. After they checked it out they said that the ECM wouldn't program,so that was replaced. Then they tell me that the ECM won't talk to the TCM and that needed to be replaced. So before ordering the part they tried one from another truck on my truck and determined that was the problem. Well, now we have a bigger problem, the TCM is on national backorder. It has been 6 weeks now and they still don't have a confirmation of when it will be available. Well, I asked for something to drive while I waited because 1 vehicle in a 2 person working family just isn't cutting it. The dealership tells me that they can't help because they don't have a loaner vehicle and the main Ford office says they can't help because the vehicle is too old and has too many miles on it, it only has around 128,000 miles. I think this is just bad business from Ford and from the dealership. I could see if I was just waiting on a part but for the part not to be available,they should step up and take care of their customers. I was even offered, from the dealership,a used part. I just can't believe that this is the way ford does business.