Ford F-250 & Ford F-350 The heavier duty full sized trucks from Ford, offering bigger, more powerful engines and drivetrains for the abuse they may go through in the workplace.

trailer runnin lights

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2008, 05:40 AM
Default trailer runnin lights

My trailer running lights do not work (turn signal and brake lights do work) when trailer is connected to my2005 f350 6L. If I hook the trailer to my 2006 F 150 (same factory tow package) everything does work including the running lights. I suspect a fuse or relay but the Owners guide does not call out trailer tow running lights in either the under dash or underhood panels. What am I missing, any help??

Thanks

Old 05-21-2008, 09:50 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: trailer runnin lights

Park lamp relay fuse (trailer tow) is in the CJB.. Its position is F2.38 and is a 20amp fuse.. On the 'bottom row' of fuses in the central box (below the relays), going from L to R if you count all fuses (box type and mini) all the way over it would the 9th position.. If you count 'only' through the lower row of mini fuses it's in the position 5...

Old 05-26-2008, 07:41 AM
Default RE: trailer runnin lights

Thanks Haya 38 was the problem

Old 08-03-2009, 09:19 PM
Default Fixed #38 and Still no Runnin Lights???

OK
Im really at a loss here
I did fix # 38 Fuse and it was Blown... But Hooked up trailer plug and Still no runners???
so tried the other truck and Runners worked Fine! Gerrrrrrr....
Thanks for the patience Please Help...keep me from loosing my mind.

fordmanbme

05 F-250 SD Crew Cab 6.0L Just Rolled Over 50K (still New in Diesel years)
00 Fleetwood Prowler

Old 07-29-2011, 11:49 AM

Hey guys, newbie to the forum!

I have a 2002 F350, and I am experiencing some similiar trailer parking light issues as the mentioned by some of the other threads.

I have trailer parking lights working on only one side of the trailer. Both left and right turn signals work on the trailer, and so do brake lights on both sides.

I can change the tralier plug wires around and get power down for the parking lights on either side but no power to both sides.

The plug tester shows all is good from the truck trailer plug.

Also recently blew # 38 fuse and replaced, before noticing parking lights not working on the one side.

Any suggestions on what could be causing power loss on the one side of the trailer parking lights?

Thanks so much! :-)

Old 07-29-2011, 03:24 PM

It has to be problem in trailer wireing past the point where where the splits to go left and right' The fact that the fuse was blowen indicates that probably have a intermiten t short to ground in the trailer running light wire [usualy brown if the wireing is factory inst.] Tgere is only one circuit in the truck harness for all tail and marker lites on the trailer

Old 10-14-2012, 10:33 AM
Default additional fuses

Originally Posted by fordmanbme
OK
Im really at a loss here
I did fix # 38 Fuse and it was Blown... But Hooked up trailer plug and Still no runners???
so tried the other truck and Runners worked Fine! Gerrrrrrr....
Thanks for the patience Please Help...keep me from loosing my mind.

fordmanbme

05 F-250 SD Crew Cab 6.0L Just Rolled Over 50K (still New in Diesel years)
00 Fleetwood Prowler
i know this is an old thread and u have probably already fixed ur problems, but incase anyone else is having these same issues like i was....like u, i was not getting any power to my 7 pin plug for the turn/brake lights, the trailer brakes, reverse and running light were working as well as the constant power to charge the trailer battery and my ground checked solid...i had replaced the plug before and was trying to narrow out problems so i just cut off the entire old plug so i was back to bare wires, but still no brake/turn signal power (yellow, green and brown w/ grn stripe i believe it was)....i checked fuse #38 under the dash and it was ok. while researching this prob i found on another forum to check fuse #9 under the hood...i checked this fuse, it was blown and i replaced it, and wha-la..$.50 later...everthing is good again.
hope this helps any future ppl looking for help...

Old 10-14-2012, 01:49 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome to the site..

The prior posts were for trailer running lamps #9 controls the trailer tow relays for turns/stop. All good info tho... Glad you got'er fixed...

Old 10-15-2012, 10:53 AM

The prior posts were for trailer running lamps #9 controls the trailer tow relays for turns/stop. All good info tho... Glad you got'er fixed...[/QUOTE]

haha, so you are right....well just in case anyone else mis reads the post like i did....there is the fix...lol

Old 01-31-2016, 10:06 PM

Had the same problem on 2003 F250. First just a blown fuse on trailer lights and then no blown fuse, but no power to trailer lights. After getting much great and very appreciative guidance from Hayapower, he sent me the wiring diagrams of what to check and how to rewire it if it checked out bad. Ended up being the relay thats built into the CJB and after following his instructions, I was able to wire in a new relay and get the trailer lights working again. Thanks again Hayapower and if anybody needs assistance, I will gladly help. Not as bad as I expected, just took my time and followed his instructions and it went great. Fuse tap and Relay off Amazon was around $20. A whole lot cheaper than buying the CJB and replacing it.

Quick Reply: trailer runnin lights