Ford F-250 & Ford F-350 The heavier duty full sized trucks from Ford, offering bigger, more powerful engines and drivetrains for the abuse they may go through in the workplace.

trailer runnin lights

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2016, 09:52 AM
Super Moderator
Thumbs up

Thanks for the update on your fix.

Glad the info helped, and the offer to help another member. Sure would have made it easier if the CJB was designed to carry a replaceable relay.. :-)

Old 02-01-2016, 07:55 PM

Yes it sure would. Only good thing now is that when running lights blow a fuse, I know exactly where its at with the fuse tap and external fuse. Don't have to look in owners manual for which fuse number it is. Got to take some good with the bad. Lol.

Old 02-02-2016, 01:10 PM

Kjones its nice to see you here. Thanks for the update that you found the fault and repair it in the guidance of hayapower. And thanks for the information too.

Old 10-07-2016, 12:01 AM

I'm am starting to think I have this same problem. I have copied the following from this thread and am wondering if someone can expain how to do this fix. By the way i can understand wiring diagams for nothing.

Had the same problem on 2003 F250. First just a blown fuse on trailer lights and then no blown fuse, but no power to trailer lights. After getting much great and very appreciative guidance from Hayapower, he sent me the wiring diagrams of what to check and how to rewire it if it checked out bad. Ended up being the relay thats built into the CJB and after following his instructions, I was able to wire in a new relay and get the trailer lights working again. Thanks again Hayapower and if anybody needs assistance, I will gladly help. Not as bad as I expected, just took my time and followed his instructions and it went great. Fuse tap and Relay off Amazon was around $20. A whole lot cheaper than buying the CJB and replacing it.

Old 10-07-2016, 05:39 PM
Default Trailer Running Lights

I have not had any problems since doing the updated fix on mine. Send me a PM and I will see if I can locate the diagrams Hayapower sent me. I am not good with diagrams either, but I took my time and it worked perfect.

Old 10-07-2016, 11:30 PM
Super Moderator
Thumbs up

I may have them in PDF.
If you can follow instructions like a car stereo installation, should be able to follow the diagrams..
Thanks Kjones for chiming in..

Old 08-15-2018, 09:34 AM

Hey guys new here. I'm having I'm having the same issue as KJones. Though I haven't had any blown fuses. I'm getting continuity at the top left and right blades of my 7 pin. But no power to the trailer running lights, brake lights or turn signals. I'm getting power at the fuse #6 and at the back of the fuse panel and to my relays for the turn signals under the hood used a tester light to verify. My blinker relays are clicking, I'll see if they are ohming out today. I'm fearing I may need to bypass the main relay (the one that is not serviceable in the fuse panel). Can you provide the how-to so I can bypass this relay.

Old 08-15-2018, 06:45 PM
Super Moderator
Thumbs up

Welcome to the site.
Just so we’re talk’n apples to apples,, can you verify the year of your truck?

Old 08-15-2018, 06:50 PM

2002 f350

Old 08-17-2018, 03:29 PM

Any luck finding the diagram. I was hoping to get to this, this weekend.

Quick Reply: trailer runnin lights