Ford F-250 & Ford F-350 The heavier duty full sized trucks from Ford, offering bigger, more powerful engines and drivetrains for the abuse they may go through in the workplace.

What’s needed for front brake lines

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2024, 01:51 AM
Default What’s needed for front brake lines

So my front brake locked up so I got the stuff to replace the calipers and the rubber brake hose but when trying to disconnect the soft line from the hard line it stripped so now I need to get new hard lines but not sure what tools I would need to make the lines and what lines and connectors I would need to get

Old 04-29-2024, 05:51 AM

If you can,,,, ordering brake lines on line can become problematic to say the least.
Remove the old line and take it to an auto supply store , they will match the type fittings with the size line and you go from there.
Not knowing the year of your vehicle, the fittings could be METRIC.
They have new various lengths with the correct fittings and flares already available. The tubing is easily formed and is easy to work with.
Just make sure to cover the ends so no foreign junk can get into the tubing as you route it thru the various places as where the old tubing was routed.
Make sure you have a good supply of (Usually DOT 3) brake fluid.. (one quart) If possible don't allow the master cyl to empty out because it can be quite a hassle to get all the air out.

Old 04-29-2024, 06:50 AM

Originally Posted by hanky
If you can,,,, ordering brake lines on line can become problematic to say the least.
Remove the old line and take it to an auto supply store , they will match the type fittings with the size line and you go from there.
Not knowing the year of your vehicle, the fittings could be METRIC.
They have new various lengths with the correct fittings and flares already available. The tubing is easily formed and is easy to work with.
Just make sure to cover the ends so no foreign junk can get into the tubing as you route it thru the various places as where the old tubing was routed.
Make sure you have a good supply of (Usually DOT 3) brake fluid.. (one quart) If possible don't allow the master cyl to empty out because it can be quite a hassle to get all the air out.
gottcha yea I was talking with some people and they were saying I would need to flare the brake lines myself and i believe it’s a 11mm it’s a 09 and the line is like 5 feet long