Ford Five Hundred The new mid-sized luxury sedan, offering a powerful engine and all wheel drive.

Ford 500 2006 Transmission Code P0701 and Light ON

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2012, 10:32 AM
Default Ford 500 2006 Transmission Code P0701 and Light ON

Hi Everyone,

Sorry about my english..

My first car Ford, bought used 1 month ago with 216000 miles on it, hehe i know, a lot of miles but the condition exterior as interior is excelent...

It has some problems because previous owner dont give or know nothing about TLC. Some was done for me (Stabilizer Front lInk replaced and ABS Speed Sensor done with cleaning all 4 sensor on al wheels)..

I was getting this codes at first time i got the car
U001, U2023, P0701, P2765 and the Traction Control light on and (Throttle Control/Transmission when I accelerated more than usual

After replaced, cleaning, change air filter i'm getting only this P0701 and the light on from
(Throttle Control/Transmission: Illuminates when a powertrain fault
or an AWD fault (if equipped) has been detected.)

I checked the transmission fluid and the color is clear and it somewhat above the level i was thinking on replace..

Thanks
Jose Bourdier
South Jersey NJ

Old 09-01-2012, 07:52 PM

From what I was able to check the code P0701 possibly relates to the trans range switch (formally manual lever position sensor , neutral safety switch). but always check the plug and contacts for corrosion and clean contacts.
There are mixed conclusions on this code. Might require a more specific scan tool to get best answer.

Old 09-01-2012, 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by hanky
From what I was able to check the code P0701 possibly relates to the trans range switch (formally manual lever position sensor , neutral safety switch). but always check the plug and contacts for corrosion and clean contacts.
There are mixed conclusions on this code. Might require a more specific scan tool to get best answer.
Thanks for your answer...

Can you tell me about the color for the transmission fluid in my case, because normal is like near to red, but in my case is clear like transparent.

I check the fluid level and is above where it should be.

Thanks
Jose Bourdier
South New Jersey

Old 09-02-2012, 04:45 AM

I don't know of any trans fluid that is clear in color. Most manufacturers stay with the accepted color to prevent any mixup of fluids. Maybe someone who has seen the clear color fluid can provide a better answer. Is there any way to determine if someone recently worked on the trans and possibly installed a different fluid?

Look at it this way,if you replace the fluid with the recommended fluid , you at least know it's right.

Last edited by hanky; 09-02-2012 at 04:47 AM.
Old 09-04-2012, 05:45 PM

Was traying to contact the seller about asking if the transmission was repaired but no get answer.

Today i was on Transmission Repair Store where the guy told me that the code P0701 say is internal problem on transmission and the recomendation for him is Rebuilt of Trahsmission for 1,700..... A lot of money..

I asking him about clear fluid transmission and if is possible change before and maybe this solve the problem and your answer is dont waste your money on change, because im sure that the problem is mechanical...

What do you thinks guys..... I dont have this money now.... Im thinking on change the transmission fluid by myself for now...

Thanks
Jose Bourdier
South New Jersey