Ford Five Hundred The new mid-sized luxury sedan, offering a powerful engine and all wheel drive.

Installing after market Speakers

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2020, 02:32 PM
Default Installing after market Speakers

Hi y’all, my girlfriend got a 2007 ford 500 SEL and I have a pair of Polk Audio UMS66B they are marine speakers, I’ve installed speakers before but just regular ones, never had ones like these, I know very basic things, so sorry for stupid questions

1.) can I install these with the default stock system?
2.) They have built in amps, so they require more power could this car handle it stock?
3.) Do you have to get anything special to handle this?
4.) They have an RGB function (not worried about that right now) What would be a good RGB controller to easily hook them up to?
5.) Will the extra power fry her other speakers or her default audio system/amp/etc
Bonus stupid question.) What exactly is an amp?
they are in fact boat speakers, so I’m not exactly sure if the wires from car can hook up to the speakers directly (I know how to splice wires).
Please add your own opinion, and if you have any questions, please ask, I’m sure there are more things that I need to know, but don’t exactly know what to ask regarding the compatibility of the speakers and the stock audio system.

car has stock radio head as well, no aux