Ford Five Hundred The new mid-sized luxury sedan, offering a powerful engine and all wheel drive.

Turns over then stalls out.

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2013, 09:45 AM
Default Turns over then stalls out.

OK this is really weird!! nasty rain storm last night coming home.
Car ran fine. This morning it turns over and stalls over and over!!! I changed the fuel filter cause it was rusted to crap!! do i have to let it sit now? still turns over and stalls lol!!! its never done this before!! could it also be the throttle body from so much wetness? Car was drenched !!!

Old 01-30-2013, 07:35 PM
Former Sponsor

Check your fuses first, and make sure no moisture got in.

Then begin to check the spark plugs and wires. Make sure they all deliver the proper amount of spark.

Old 01-31-2013, 09:44 AM

yeah its got coil packs over each plug LOL never fooled around with that before grrr
Its at the machanics now, they thing its a air lock in the fuel lines, i changed the fuel filter!! lol

Old 01-31-2013, 02:12 PM

You know what they say about hindsight being 20/20, but have you run the vehicle enough to thoroughly dry out everything? Many times this is all that is required and normal performance is restored. Now if you want to get further into where a problem could lie when the engine area gets full of moisture, just take a spray bottle with plain water and spray one area at a time until the problem shows itself. Now you have isolated the area and can go from there. Don't think it is an "airlock" problem.
The repair people may do the same thing you might have done.

Old 02-03-2013, 07:30 AM

OK i don't even know where to start!!!! first off i LOVE this car!!!!

Ok so the mechanic looked at it and did the fuel pressure test, checked out all the systems and nothing comes up on the computer, Replaced the spark plugs!! s for the next two days car ran flawlessly!!!! Last night it started again!! turns over but not enough to make it run!!! i then pushed the car up the driveway to the flat spot, sat over night and today -13 started like a charm!!!! so i'm thinking when my car is on a hill or even a slight incline with the nose pointing up it won't start!! nose pointing down it starts!!! flat spot it starts, now it needs to sit fr at least 3-4 hours on a hill before it doesn't want to start, if you park on a hill turn it off and turn it back on say 30 mins later its fine!!

So something in the fuel system is not right, any suggestion?