Ford Flex This new crossover offers the interior room of a minivan with the vintage design of a classic panel truck.

Information center missing options

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2020, 03:40 PM
Exclamation Information center missing options

Problem: when I remote start my Flex, the automatic climate control does not engage even when it was previously left on.

According to the user manual - if you navigate to the information center - settings - convenience - you can turn on the ability to remotely open windows as well as how you want the climate control to act when remote started. The problem is that I navigate to that section and "Convenience" isn't an option to drill down in to. Looking through the manual I found other missing information, such as under "information" there was no option to look at the power distribution for the AWD, and more importantly, it is also missing the ability to "reset" under settings.

I'm not sure exactly what the package is - I have the Limited, with the full power package including the power liftgate, heated/cooled seats, radar guided cruise, etc. There are no options listed in the manual that my Flex doesn't have, so I don't understand why I can't access the Convenience sub heading. There is also supposed to be the ability to reset under settings - but that is also not available.

The dealership suggested doing a master reset on the main console - but that didn't affect the settings in the information center. I live in Canada, if that matters.

Why am I not able to access these settings? Thanks in advance.