Ford Focus This compact luxury sedan and hatchback has become popuar among sport compact tuners due to its small size, and available performance parts, as well as the availability of the SVT model

2013 Manual Focus Titanium - Clutch Pedal Clicks

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2013, 06:27 PM
Default 2013 Manual Focus Titanium - Clutch Pedal Clicks

About a month ago I noticed that my clutch pedal was making a clicking sound when it was pushed down more than an inch. It also makes a very similar sound when I let the clutch come back up.

I first thought it was the mechanism that pulls the clutch back up. I decided it was best to take it in. They told me that my "clutch lockout switch" was bad and that I needed a new one.

I brought the car back a few days later and the guy said he only need about an hour to get the old part out and the new part in.

About an hour and a half later, the technician came out with a bewildered look on his face. He said that he took the old part out, pushed down on the clutch and the sound was completely gone. So without any switch in, no sounds at all. However, when he put the new switch in, the sound came back.

They basically had no idea what to do next. He explained to me that this sound might actually be normal, but he wasn't sure. He said the best thing he could do was look at a working version for comparison. Unfortunately, they didn't have one on the lot and they sent me on my way.

I guess I would like some ideas on what to do next. I am also dying to know if the sound is suppose to be there. Also, any suggestions would be great. Thanks!

Old 05-16-2013, 02:54 AM

What's your transmission type? PWRS or IB5?