Ford Focus This compact luxury sedan and hatchback has become popuar among sport compact tuners due to its small size, and available performance parts, as well as the availability of the SVT model

Advice on fault with my Focus

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2017, 07:08 AM
Default Advice on fault with my Focus

Hi Guys,

New to the forum and wondered if I could get some advice on a fault I'm currently having with my Focus. After doing some research I have found that the issue I am experiencing is probably the common issue with the instrument cluster, but just wanted to get some fresh advice and confirm this if possible.

The issue I am having is when I am starting the car sometimes the car will not turn over, I am told this is probably the immobiliser? To get round that issue I can either tab the top of the dash or push into the plastic on the cluster and it comes back on. Once I am driving all the lights will flash up on the dash, all needles drop and do not move, also the mileage dialog box shows no miles, again I can get these back as previously mentioned but this doesn't last very long.

Often most of the lights on the dash will go off and the needles and mileage will come back but 2 lights will remain, when it does this the car drives really sluggish. I have attached pictures if this helps. I have found this company that I can send it off to for repair:

http://www.clusterrepairsuk.co.uk/repair/model/ford-focus-instrument-cluster-speedo-mk2

Anyone used these or encountered this issue that give me any advice on this?

Cheers.