Ford Focus This compact luxury sedan and hatchback has become popuar among sport compact tuners due to its small size, and available performance parts, as well as the availability of the SVT model

MP3 Query for Ford Focus 2003

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2006, 01:58 PM
Default MP3 Query for Ford Focus 2003

I have a query for any of you out there who are tuned in on the audio side of things.

I have a Creative Zen Sleek MP3 player and am exploring ways of incorporating this into my 6000CD player in the car.

There are a thousand IPod accesories out there but was wondering what alternatives there are for those of us who have different models.

I have looked at some FM modulation kit that will work with the existing stereo by taking over some predetermined frequencies for the use of the MP3 player but wondered if there is an auxiliary feed on the back of the stereo that i can wore up to my player and how i can select this from the keypad, if this is possible. My stereo is compliant with a cd autochanger, so am i correct in deducing that there must be an Aux feed on the back for connecting this with. If there is i have the slightly less intrusive method of connecting my player to this and selecting it for use.

The other method with the wireless FM modulation kit, involves a switch that will take me from radio/cd mode to mp3 mode on choice and although not a total pain, is a bit more fiddly than the Aux method.

Anyone been down this road or have any workable suggestions..that don't involve getting an IPod?