Ford Focus This compact luxury sedan and hatchback has become popuar among sport compact tuners due to its small size, and available performance parts, as well as the availability of the SVT model

NO CRANK, NO START 2003 Focus (PLEASE HELP)

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2023, 09:58 AM
Default NO CRANK, NO START 2003 Focus (PLEASE HELP)

(PLEASE HELP DIAGNOSE) I have searched all over the internet and tried nearly everything.

•2003 Focus SE (Auto) 156k miles. 2.0 Zetec

Car suddenly does not crank. Dash lights light up in on position. Dashes (-----) on the odometer. Red theft light above radio is blinking (1x every 2seconds). Can't pull any codes does not communicate with ECU (Error).
Cluster code menu DTC d262 flashing.

Any other ideas of what to do/look for other than what I have already done listed below?

-Checked all fuses and swapped diodes and swapped relays in engine bay fuse box. (All fuses have continuity)
-Checked all fuses and swapped relays in driver side dash fuse box. (All fuses have continuity)
-Removed ECU and took apart and did not see anything unusual.
-Checked multiple pins at ECU and got voltage.
-Small orange/black ground wire that goes directly from battery ground (-) to the harness in the engine bay is good.
-Two ground wires from the battery to the driver wheel well cleaned and secured.
-Battery is in upper "Good" condition under battery load test.
-Tried starting with secondary key.

Recently I did an aftermarket radio install on the vehicle and I also changed the servo piston in the transmission and rebuild the valve body. Car drove absolutely amazing with no problems at all for two days. On the third day no start no crank happened. Only thing different was last day of driving, I backed up on to the driveway instead of regularly driving it in. Overnight was normal weather condition no rain etc.

(I can't think of anything else).
Thank you so much in advance.

-Ed

Old 07-03-2023, 10:16 AM

This is what the PATS light does intermittently when shaking the key in the ignition.

https://youtube.com/shorts/fbqSCPIrrpk?feature=share