Ford Forum Help & Suggestion Center Need help with FF? Ask. Have a suggestion to better FF? Tell us here.

Was forced over curbs today, popped my tire, cracked my fascia and "chambered" my rot

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2022, 12:09 PM
Default Was forced over curbs today, popped my tire, cracked my fascia and "chambered" my rot

I didn't think it was a huge deal, I limped it home and went to the scrap yard and got a new wheel/tire combo (looked for a fascia but none matched... I'll have to keep my eye out).

But when I put the new wheel/tire on, the top is wayyyyy tilted in and the bottom is wayyy tilted out, like it's "chambered".

I'm pretty good with cars, worked on them a ton in the past, but I'm not very good at troubleshooting.

What can I check/replace to fix this problem?

Any suggestions would be hugely helpful,
Thanks!

This is when I took the wheel off.

This is the new wheel on (I know it's a different style but I'll deal with that later.

BTW it's an '06 Escape Limited AWD and I really like it for what it was, great little SUV. I'm mad that I hurt it 😕

Last edited by KennyCanoe; 10-26-2022 at 12:14 PM. Reason: Sorry, "chambered" not "chambered".
Old 10-26-2022, 12:12 PM

"chambered" is supposed to say "cambered", is in wheel camber. Stupid autocorrect.

Old 10-26-2022, 03:41 PM

At the very least you need a front end alignment. Worst case is you bent something (maybe a strut) which will prevent the alignment to be set to specs and require replacement. Time to take it to a shop for a front end inspection.You won't be able to set the alignment yourself.
I wouldn't be surprised if the wheel bearing assembly was damaged too.