Ford Forum Help & Suggestion Center Need help with FF? Ask. Have a suggestion to better FF? Tell us here.

miscellaneous issues

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2009, 01:50 PM
Default miscellaneous issues

why don't you have someone proofread your headings? in particular on the crown victoria it says do to when it should be due to... i'm starting to think this forum is run by a bunch of hicks by all the difficulty i have deciphering posts

Old 02-18-2009, 11:51 PM
Super Moderator

Volunteering

Well,, as frustrating as it may be, it’s really not this sites responsibility ‘OR’ right IMO to change or edit for a members posting ability as for correct grammar usage, including spelling, or editing out and ‘adding’ content in as to a personal interpretation of their meaning. Other than editing for personal attacks/flaming, inappropriate language content, or images and site links/advertising that don’t comply with the sites rules and regulations, I think you may run risk over gain. I do ageee with you though with the frustration at times, in that some help requests and posts are ‘very hard’ to read and understand and may require the post to be read over and over again for clarity and understanding. A simple re read before clicking 'submit' may be the difference of a quality response, or just a read attempt and move'n on. Also, some of the members here may be from areas or countries that english isn't the primary language and don't speak it well, or at all, and come for help and to share none the less. Some may not have the level of education or language needed, or are just key mashers and could care less. Changing or editing post content could have a insulting nature to some, or represent a personal violation even though small, and others may not care and indifferent to the change. Could lead to how one interprets what a member is trying to convey. Like…….

bunch of ‘Hicks’ as I'm certain that was suggestive to the site owners/admin? otherwise may have to edit that one out

If you read a post and think it could be cleared up, info added/needed or edited, and to help with a post to get better responses you can always PM the member as long as it’s done in a helpful nature.. Forums member base is it's strenght...

If it’s up to me to proof read all the posts here, and get it all right, we're in trouble

Old 02-21-2009, 09:09 AM

I'm talking about on the main site, LONG before you even see a post where the different headers tell you about each category the crown victoria one? It says 'DO TO IT'S' when it should say 'DUE TO IT'S'. Know of any other ford forums or can one be suggested?

Old 02-21-2009, 11:17 PM
Super Moderator
Thumbs up Script Error

Your absolutely correct..

I never noticed or caught the mistake, thanks for the quality control. Like I said, the strenght of the forum is in it's member base! I'll contact the administrator about a correction, but the gears of change grind slow at times.. I thought you were referring to member posting and editing and even looked back at some of the CV threads and didn't see the header mistake.