Ford Forum Help & Suggestion Center Need help with FF? Ask. Have a suggestion to better FF? Tell us here.

New Member With An Old Question - Best OEM Ford Online Parts Source

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2023, 07:40 PM
Default New Member With An Old Question - Best OEM Ford Online Parts Source

I'm avoiding Rock Auto and Amazon (got two fake motorcraft parts back to back.) Thanks Guys, Gals, and other pronoun users.👍

Old 03-09-2023, 09:16 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome to the site.
I buy at a lot of locations.
Local Ford to support them, but if a customer or personal project budget, I run the part numbers I need in an online search. I find that many times you can shave costs on OE/MC parts at a wide range of suppliers both commercial, and private sellers. Even platforms like eBay can cut the bottom line over what some parts houses or the dealer can offer. I rarely stray away from OE parts.

Old 03-10-2023, 07:11 AM

Counterfeit parts are nothing new , only to folks that have not been taken yet.

There are good quality aftermarket suppliers out there, but you need to check carefully point of origin.

A lot of places sell imported "junk" because it makes them more $$$. and we pay and pay.

Those of us that have been burned by poor quality and cheap price usually try to stay with OEM. You may pay a little more from a dealership parts dept, but you usually get the right parts the first time and they can't afford "comebacks".
Sometimes we get taken by the bring it back and get another , no charge, no matter what you call it, it is still JUNK !
A word to the wise is usually sufficient.

Old 03-11-2023, 04:26 AM

Originally Posted by Hayapower
Welcome to the site.
I buy at a lot of locations.
Local Ford to support them, but if a customer or personal project budget, I run the part numbers I need in an online search. I find that many times you can shave costs on OE/MC parts at a wide range of suppliers both commercial, and private sellers. Even platforms like eBay can cut the bottom line over what some parts houses or the dealer can offer. I rarely stray away from OE parts.
Many Ford dealers sell online. I would feel safe with my online purchase from an actual Ford dealer. Anywhere else, you are taking a chance.

Old 03-11-2023, 11:05 AM
Super Moderator

I buy OE in almost every instance depending on M/Y
Like the old adage..
"Why is there never enough time to do it right, but always enough time to do it over?" definitely applies to parts..
If an OE part number is sourced out, and pricing either determined by an online Ford Store, or ? take that best number to a local dealer and see what discount they will offer. Many of the online Ford sites are retail pricing, or close too..
Shipping times, costs, more so for large/heavy or job time sensitive parts needs certainly comes into play for online dealers. Counterfeit OE/MC, a lot of times they are offered without the original Ford packaging. Or, if the pricing seems too go to be true.....
If its not in the OE packaging, or aftermarket when OE is not an option or available, if not supported by a satisfaction/no cost return policy, I move on.
I've had good luck buying OE/MC parts from non dealer offerings, but some risk is there I guess...