Ford Forum Help & Suggestion Center Need help with FF? Ask. Have a suggestion to better FF? Tell us here.

New thread not posted: "2004 Explorer NBX (4X4) transmission issue (reverse only)"

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2020, 11:11 AM
Default New thread not posted: "2004 Explorer NBX (4X4) transmission issue (reverse only)"

Hello,

I made a new post (I think) on the Ford Explorer forum several days ago but it does not appear to be live. It was titled: "2004 Explorer NBX (4X4) transmission issue (reverse only)". Could I get some help to figure out if it was not approved, not properly posted or lost in the approval queue, etc? I don't want to try to repost it without knowing what happened, if possible.

Thank you,
Chris

Old 01-16-2020, 12:36 PM

I couldn't locate it ,maybe someone else will. In either case , why not just try again.

Old 01-16-2020, 12:48 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome to the site Chris.
I didn’t see a prior posting.
How many miles on the trans, ‘any’ drivability or shift issues before the no forward engagement, MIL etc.
Recent services? If so, any abnormal debris?

Generally a good place to start is to retrieve any DTC’s codes to see if there is any control component issues.

Old 01-21-2020, 04:18 PM

Because it was a lot of typing and I didn't do the smart thing and write it in a text editor and save before posting. I am going to do as you suggest though and post again.

Thanks you,
Chris

Old 01-21-2020, 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by Hayapower
Welcome to the site Chris.
I didn’t see a prior posting.
How many miles on the trans, ‘any’ drivability or shift issues before the no forward engagement, MIL etc.
Recent services? If so, any abnormal debris?

Generally a good place to start is to retrieve any DTC’s codes to see if there is any control component issues.
I am going to repost my missing post in the Explorer forum, but thank you for your input!

The inspection is out and the battery needs a jump (i'm just storing in the garage lately and not driving it at all), so I will need to 'sneak' it to the auto parts store to get the codes pulled.... but maybe that is indeed a good first step - though I just have a feeling it isn't a controller type issue. I'll look into a consumer code reader finally, I think.

80k miles or so. No issues until I noticed the problem getting into reverse (it is a reverse issue, You mentioned "before no forward engagement", maybe I just do not understand that term).

No recent services before the issue. Never any transmission issues or service before that.

Thanks again!
Chris