Ford Freestar The latest minivan entry for Ford provides all of the technology in family vehicles with a smooth styling.

04 Freestar Electrical and PCM Issues

Old 06-13-2012, 07:25 AM
Default 04 Freestar Electrical and PCM Issues

Please, please go to NHTSA and file a complaint. This part is obviously defective from DAY ONE. I took to mechanic who said alternator was overcharging. He put on a new alternator--still overcharging. Said it was PCM issue removed new alternator and replaced it with the original alternator. This is the exact same issue in Oct/Nov 11 when we ultimately had dealer replace PCM to the tune of $1000plus. Took to dealer in ealry June 12, described issue, they insisted it was alternator--put on 4 different alternators over the course of the week. Every one experienced the same issue. Said Ford kept telling them to do so. Finally found a PCM on lot and replaced it in my car--IT WORKED! GUESS WHAT. PCMs are on backorder for who knows how long. Ford Corporate complaint to get rental car not authorized. So in addition to a deathtrap due to a torque convertor that parts are not in, I am in a deathtrap that the entire electrical system could shut down on a moments's notice. Dealer advises not to drive vehicle. So what am I supposed to do for transportation?? When will a PCM be available--I can't be the only one waiting on this part (maybe that should be an indicator that this is a recall issue!) Please visit NHTSA and file a complaint since not enough people have done so. This is an obvious safety issue and this car was obviously sold with PCM issues. Just check the numerous technical service bulletins