Ford Freestar The latest minivan entry for Ford provides all of the technology in family vehicles with a smooth styling.

Power Sliding Door Cable

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2016, 12:58 AM
Default Power Sliding Door Cable

Hello All!
Just picked up a 04 Freestar SEL to lug some kiddos around town for the practices etc. Previous owner took decent care of it with a few minor blems. One that I want to get fixed rather quickly is the driver's side power sliding door. The foreward cable looks to just have snapped and in the process creating slack for the rear to come undone as well. I am looking to locate where the motor is housed so I can take a peek and see what I wanna do as far as fixing the issue. I am guessing it is easier to just purchase a whole 'nother motor assembly versus trying to fix cables. Door opens and closes manually just fine, but want to get the lazy feature back on it TYIA

Old 10-18-2016, 06:44 AM

most models house the motor behind the quarter panel trim.

Old 04-25-2019, 10:33 PM
Default freestar sliding door motor.

Originally Posted by Sland165
Hello All!
Just picked up a 04 Freestar SEL to lug some kiddos around town for the practices etc. Previous owner took decent care of it with a few minor blems. One that I want to get fixed rather quickly is the driver's side power sliding door. The foreward cable looks to just have snapped and in the process creating slack for the rear to come undone as well. I am looking to locate where the motor is housed so I can take a peek and see what I wanna do as far as fixing the issue. I am guessing it is easier to just purchase a whole 'nother motor assembly versus trying to fix cables. Door opens and closes manually just fine, but want to get the lazy feature back on it TYIA
Hi,
it is located inside the driver side back panel, you will need to unscrew the two screws on the bottom left and the one on the top if any!
then you need to carefully pull the side panel out and you will see it right behind it.

let me know if i can help any farther.

Good luck.