Ford Freestar The latest minivan entry for Ford provides all of the technology in family vehicles with a smooth styling.

Tire Pressure monitoring

Old 01-05-2012, 07:48 AM

The Freestar/Monterey came with the banded sensors.The sensor uses a stainless steel band to hold it in place around the inside of the rim. The sensor is located 180° from the valve stem. They are normally blue in color and have about about a 10 year battery life.

I run a full size spare tire, so I have 5 OEM rims and 4 sensors. I have no idea where the rim is that doesn't have the sensor in it. However, since I check my tire pressures regularly, I don't really care where it is. Ooops...I'm getting off onto what I think of the TPS systems being required in vehicles...

Old 01-06-2012, 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by Use Common Sense
The Freestar/Monterey came with the banded sensors.The sensor uses a stainless steel band to hold it in place around the inside of the rim. The sensor is located 180° from the valve stem. They are normally blue in color and have about about a 10 year battery life.

I run a full size spare tire, so I have 5 OEM rims and 4 sensors. I have no idea where the rim is that doesn't have the sensor in it. However, since I check my tire pressures regularly, I don't really care where it is. Ooops...I'm getting off onto what I think of the TPS systems being required in vehicles...
I too check my tire pressures regularly and on long trips I have a habit of walking around my vehicle when I stop, feeling the tires to see if one might be warmer than the others. I'll admit I wasn't so much worried about the pressure sensors working, as I was with getting the stupid light to go off. I probably do appreciate having the sensors, if they work and don't turn out to be a pain in the neck.
If I stop learning life won't be nearly as much fun.

Old 07-01-2013, 05:04 AM

Bump.

I was recently having my truck tires rotated and noticed a sign by the register when leaving- talking about TPMS batteries. The add stated the batteries have an average 5 year life. My mother in law's Freestar (she bought it new) has had the TPMS dash light on for years and no one seems to be able to fix it. Could it be as simple as the batteries? The reset procedure doen't help.

Old 07-02-2013, 06:39 AM

a bad/dead battery/batteries could be the problem. However, I believe that the sensors are sealed units with non-replaceable batteries. You would most likely need to replace all of them. The new ones would then need to be programmed to the vehicle.

Old 02-09-2015, 11:39 PM
Question Low Air Tire Light.

I want to reprogram the computer in my 2007 SHELBY GT500 Mustang;to DO-AWAY with this idiot light.I have replaced all 4 wheels and tires...With-out the factory stems-and sensors....These are not needed for someone that can read a tire guage..I've been told one can go through a series of button pushing to kill this light..Does anyone know the secret?Thanks...