Ford Mustang For over 50 years, the Mustang name has stood for affordable industry leading performance with its powerful V8 Ford Mustang engines and sporty lines.

1994 Mustang Cobra Project

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2006, 05:58 PM
Default 1994 Mustang Cobra Project

Some friends and I have recently aquired a 1994 Ford Mustang Cobra. There is a major problem with this Cobra and it's that we got it from a local junkyard in horrible condition. We are going to rebuild this Cobra but there are several things that we have to get around first and I'm looking for some advice. We are drawing up plans and coming up with ideas and we could really use some serious help. Once we are done with this project which should take us a few months, I'll gladly post up some pictures and what not. I'll start by describing the car to you a peice at a time.

This is our second car rebuilding project I will add. The last one was a Civic that we rebuilt and is now the property of one of the guys in my group of amature mechanics.

Cobra's Body:
There is major impact damage to the front bumper and passenger side fender. It has no wheels or anything like that. The hood is smashed in fairly good and it is missing a crap load of paint. Some of the body is rusted from sitting in the junkyard for the pass few years.

Cobra's Engine:
If you could call it an engine then I would be amazed. It is little more then an engine block and some peices (very few peices at that) of the engine that was originally with the car. We where told that some other guys had come around about a year ago and took parts of the engine to put in to another car they where going to use for racing.

Cobra's Interior:
There is a massive bug problem that has devolped in the car. Three years in a junkyard is not good for any car. We need to deal with this problem first before we deal with any of the others so we don't have an invasion of the garage that we are going to use. It also has a slight mold infestation that has to be delt with.

Cobra's Electronics:
Some of the electronics have been stripped, most noticably the sound and radio system.

So there's the cars condition, I'll post updates when we start to work. For now we are open to any suggestions.

Old 09-14-2006, 06:05 PM
Default RE: 1994 Mustang Cobra Project

[sm=welcomesign.gif]I would look forward in seeing the pic's.Sound like you have a lot of work a head of you but i bet it will be worth it.

Old 10-26-2006, 01:00 AM

mmmmm.... rebuilt the 302 or build a monster of a 351. fix up all the interior and exterior and put up some pics...

Old 10-26-2006, 10:51 AM

Sounds like a fun project. What kind of money will you be putting into the car? I personally think it would be cool to throw a supercharger on the engine (when you build it/replace it) to create one mean Mustang.