Ford Mustang For over 50 years, the Mustang name has stood for affordable industry leading performance with its powerful V8 Ford Mustang engines and sporty lines.

2015 Mustang Transmission Problems...

Old 03-19-2015, 11:22 PM

I have no idea why they wouldn't authorize a fluid change. Maybe because it would show problems. As far as scheduling a face-to-face with the Ford Rep, you may have to contact the Ford Customer Service number in your owners manual. The dealership that was doing the repair on my truck are the ones that helped schedule my face-to-face, but due to your issue with the dealership, yours may not want to help. Good luck.

Old 03-20-2015, 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by Use Common Sense
I have no idea why they wouldn't authorize a fluid change. Maybe because it would show problems. As far as scheduling a face-to-face with the Ford Rep, you may have to contact the Ford Customer Service number in your owners manual. The dealership that was doing the repair on my truck are the ones that helped schedule my face-to-face, but due to your issue with the dealership, yours may not want to help. Good luck.
I have asked dealerships repeatedly (and even Ford) to authorize the fluid change and they don't want to .

A Ford mechanic told me he felt a concern/problem. Ford should just fix it.

Last edited by 15mustang; 03-28-2015 at 07:42 PM.
Old 03-24-2015, 11:38 PM

Update 3/20: Seems like more dealership run-around and denials etc...

Update 3/24: Another independent repair shop drives car 3/24 and mechanic said there def. is a problem with transmission. Believed to be bad syncros.
Though, a Ford dealership still has NOT given me anything in writing that lists a problem with transmission.

**My experience is now on websites and forums. Please refer to my video appeal on Youtube for latest updates**

Last edited by 15mustang; 03-25-2015 at 01:02 AM.
Old 03-28-2015, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by sho11
you should get a new tranny with any conversation at all and they know that.do not accept a shop rebuilt because you are entitled to a new transmission and don't let them talk you out of it' Deysha please help this man with his problem.it should not be his problem.

SHO11 aka tomk aka tom Kelly
Well said! Will Ford provide more assistance? CSM mentioned my case is closed.

I've been loyal to Ford and owned a number of Fords, you would think the problem would be fixed no questions asked.

Old 03-29-2015, 07:41 AM

If this were an automatic transmission I would also think it should be replaced, however, since it is a manual trans there is nothing in there compared to an automatic. Somebody at the dealership "maybe" took it out and played speedshift with it and possibly damaged one of the blocking rings that go with 4th gear, no big deal. If it were me this is what I would do.
As long as they are willing to open it up and correct the problem, which is not a big job, Let them fix it, under warranty , of course. There is just not that much to a manual trans and it should be covered under the Powertrain warranty.
You seem to be getting nowhere with your present path and it may be time to chose a different approach. There would be no need to "rebuild" the whole trans unless there is junk circulating around in there and it could do more damage if left in there with continued use.
You have a nice vehicle and you should be able to enjoy driving it and not worrying about how much additional damage and headaches you will have up the road. As you know most problems are usually solved one at a time.

Old 04-04-2015, 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by hanky
If this were an automatic transmission I would also think it should be replaced, however, since it is a manual trans there is nothing in there compared to an automatic. Somebody at the dealership "maybe" took it out and played speedshift with it and possibly damaged one of the blocking rings that go with 4th gear, no big deal. If it were me this is what I would do.
As long as they are willing to open it up and correct the problem, which is not a big job, Let them fix it, under warranty , of course. There is just not that much to a manual trans and it should be covered under the Powertrain warranty.
You seem to be getting nowhere with your present path and it may be time to chose a different approach. There would be no need to "rebuild" the whole trans unless there is junk circulating around in there and it could do more damage if left in there with continued use.
You have a nice vehicle and you should be able to enjoy driving it and not worrying about how much additional damage and headaches you will have up the road. As you know most problems are usually solved one at a time.
Thanks for the information and the support! I will try again, I agree. I should be able to drive it without additional headaches and worries, wish me luck.

Old 04-04-2015, 05:04 PM

That paint job should never of left the body shop. A blind person could see that. As far as the tranny issue, being brand new with less than 300 miles on it, they should install a new tranny or a "Ford Authorized" rebuilt unit. Not a shop rebuild.
Update 4/4: 2 months, still working on getting it fixed and resolved. I want to thank everyone who has supported me by responding to my thread and viewing my Youtube videos. The more responses and views I get, the more support I have (please keep supporting). I have received a lot of great advice from all of you, my fellow car enthusiasts. Sharing my experience is about helping others avoid what has happened to me.

It's been a tough couple months for me (dozens of phone calls, hundreds of miles, dozens of hours to try to get it fixed). As I continue to work to get my car’s transmission fixed (and other car problems), please take caution when leaving your car at a dealership or auto repair shop. Please wish me luck, your support is always much appreciated. God bless.

Last edited by 15mustang; 04-04-2015 at 05:10 PM.
Old 04-04-2015, 09:35 PM

what does touch up paint have to do with the transmission?

Old 04-13-2015, 12:29 AM

Originally Posted by Schu
what does touch up paint have to do with the transmission?
Just the transmission problems developed while the dealership had my car in for warranty paint repair (when the paint damage and poor paint repair which looked like touchup paint also occurred).

Last edited by 15mustang; 04-13-2015 at 12:32 AM.
Old 04-13-2015, 12:38 AM

Update 4/12: I plan to bring my 2015 Mustang in to a Ford dealership again (wish me luck!). Two independent repair shops already confirmed the transmission problem, so one would think a Ford dealership will eventually acknowledge the transmission problem too in writing and fix it (or maybe they never will). I will post updates to help everyone. This ordeal has put me through heck, thanks for all your responses and support guys!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2015 Mustang Transmission Problems...